PDA

View Full Version : Newer type Diode controller

Tim Holloway
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Just a question,

Would there be any interest in a newer design diode type controller? Something that has adjustable brakes and adjustable sensitivity for around $140.00.

I know five or six years ago the Cidex was around $140+. This would give some racers more Options on the lower end. Better than the $100 Parma, able to go back and forth between neg gate and pos gate tracks with no rewiring, and other positive benefits.

Just looking for some input.

Thanks,

Tim
http://raceclub.us/controller/Controller1.jpg
http://raceclub.us/controller/Controller3.jpg
http://raceclub.us/controller/controller2.jpg
http://raceclub.us/controller/controller4.jpg

Anthen27
01-17-2005, 08:06 AM
I for one would be interested, And I could sell at least a dozen at my local track, Keep us posted, We need more choices in our hobby and new products are always welcome in my book!........Anthony

Tim Holloway
01-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Anthen,

I will post some pictures tomorrow night.

Tim

SlotracerRick
01-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Tim contact Jerry he is making a very nice diode controller now it has brake and sensitivity adjustments very nice controller
its cheep too but as with most new controllers its bottom end 12 s or bigger are no go call Jerry at JK or at the racetrack he can gove you more info

Tim Holloway
01-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Here are the Pictures.
The only thing They do not have is a fuse for the brake wire.

Tim

Tim Holloway
01-19-2005, 07:09 AM
This has a Difalco type adjustable break (the less expensive one) and a high and low sensitivity. The wiper block is 10 band.

Tim

Anthen27
01-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Tim, Looks great!, When will you have them for sale? Put me down for one!...........Anthony

Tim Holloway
01-19-2005, 09:52 AM
They are avalable now.

$140.00 per controller.

normall discounts for tracks.

Tim

Anthen27
01-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Tim, What is the toggle switch on the bottom? And what is the purple knob in the front? Check your PM..........Anthony

Bobhardt
01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Tim,
Whos making this controller?

Tim Holloway
01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Anthony,

The the purple knob on top is an adjustable brake. It is very close to the difalco economy brake. (The pro brake will not work inside the handel to big). The switch at the bottem is the sensitivity control. It has a low and a high.

Bob,

call me.

847-344-0911

Tim

SlotracerRick
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Bob thats Jerrys new controller JK products LOL

Ramcatlarry
01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I got a sample to show folks and try out. Gets a little warm with a S16C on the LTD, but then what wouldn't.....seems to work on lower motors just fine.

Mr Rookie
01-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm wondering if this controller would work for HO? Js

Ramcatlarry
01-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Just tested a patriot and a lifelike - not enough low speed control and it is only positive gate.

Next batch will have a circuit breaker in the brake line, easy to add to line in handle.

Mr Rookie
01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Larry. Js

Tim Holloway
01-22-2005, 12:38 PM
The next batch will have a circuit breaker in the brake line.

Tim

As fas as a S16 C on the LTD, I am sure this controller would not be as good as a Difalco but It is as good as an omni (which they no longer make). My Omni gets so hot when I race on the LTD that I can not touch the heat sink. Most LTD's that I have raced on are not as chalenging as that one.

On a hillclimb/king/kingelman/engelman/oval/paperclip/scorpion and most other tracks This would be fine. I know they are using this at fox (about 10 sold) with the only complaint being the Brake pot(when they are hooked up wrong) Brian is installing the breaker in his to fix this problem.

As far as neg/pos gate I just posted what I was told.

Tim

tirerub
01-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey Tim, Can you bring one to Dixon this weekend for us to try. Thanks Tire rub.

Tim Holloway
01-31-2005, 07:48 PM
I will bring one Mike. Make sure you have your fast motor for GTP it looked like you had some bad luck in the illowa race.

Tim

Bobhardt
02-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Tim,
Mike was fast during the gtp race. I believe that he had a brush spring fail.

Tim Holloway
02-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Bob,

Mike always seams fast to me. (even when I am passing him):D :D

Was the illowa race a pretty clean race? The lap totals and fast times seamed comprable to the Northcentral race on the King at paradise.

Tim

bobo
02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Tim
Do you want to borrow my shirt? The one that says "YOU MUST BE FAST, CUZ I WAS HALLING A$$ WHEN I WENT PASSED YOU"

Bob Oaks

Tim Holloway
02-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Bob,

I better back off Mike is probley going to kick my a$$ in the race.

Tim:D :D

tirerub
02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey, if im going to fast for you I will just stop in the corner and wait for you catch up. How's that .

Bobhardt
02-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Tim,
Lets just say that the race was rather exciting.:D I think the lap totals will go up.

Tim Holloway
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Bob,

I am trying to get Dakota to come and race with us. I think he can keep the totals down.:D He always does it at our track.

I find it intresting that one kid in a race with 15 people can bring the avarege down that many laps. :D

Tim

p.s. I think we have 8 racers comming down this weekend.

Bobhardt
02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I Was lucky with Dakota. I didnt actually meet up with him on the track that I remember.:eek: I do remember seeing his car out of the slot a LOT though:D Thats fantastic that you have so many racers coming.:D I think the turnout is going to be real good from what I am hearing.

tirerub
02-03-2005, 07:06 PM
What time are you opening friday. Ill be there before 5:00. I wanna practice before special gets on the track.

Bobhardt
02-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Special had the 4.5 out yesterday polishing it up. Get there early:D Ill be open by 10 am Friday. $5 unlimited track time Friday and the same again Saturday. See ya then!

Tim Holloway
02-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey mike that is not fair. I wont be there until Saturday morning around 7:30.

Mike why don't you come and race with us on Friday night we will be done before 11 you can be home by 1 then get up and race.:D :D

Tim

Mr. Twister
02-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Dear Tim,

Just my opinion on everyone's comments regarding an 8 year old child named Dakota. I also have an 8 year old son named Dakota that races at Fox on Sat. nights. First of all I want to make sure that no one mistakes my son Dakota (Cody) for the boy you all so badly put down. Isn't it our job as parents and adults to teach and encourage children and not put them down every chance you get? They are the future of slot car racing. Just think how you all would feel if it was your child that was being criticized on every thread. Think about it. I hope this puts an end to it.

Kevin

Tim Holloway
02-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Kevin,

My eight year old and my ten year old race and the Dakota who races with us is getting better each week. I do not think telling the truth about his driving (and joking around about it) is hurting his feelings.

The funny thing is that he ploped down his entree fee to race in a expert 4.5-inch NasCar race (on an oval) at the last NorthCentral USRA race. He was in a little over his head and it became funny. (unless you were in the race). And it still is Funny.

I am sorry if in some way it offended you. I am sure (because I know him) it did not offend dakota (that races with us).

I am sure your son is a fine racer and invite you to come up and race with us anytime you want. I will even pay his entry fee in the 4 inch nascar amateur race and he can test his skill with some of the best young racers out there.

Tim

DZ1
02-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Tim,

I may have done some damage to the diode pack when my F1 went shorting out across the lane the other night. Surging and uncontrollable was the result, had a fuse installed on the brake wire, but the fuse may have been too big. Since you had the post on this controller, I thought I would ask you for assistance. Can that diode pack be purchased separately, or the diodes????

Thanks,

Dz

Tim Holloway
02-20-2005, 07:34 PM
DZ,

I will PM you with the information you need.

Tim

Anthen27
08-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Tim, I bought one of these JK controllers from your guy and now I having problems with it, Can I send it in for service? I would also like the brake fuse installed and maybe some better controller wires (if I supply them?) as you said the later models will have the brake fuse and this one does not.....A few of the bands on the controller stopped working....Please let me know what I can do to have the controller fixed.........Thanks..............Anthony Anthen27@optonline.net

Ramcatlarry
08-20-2005, 04:23 PM
it is possible to blow the diodes out. standard diodes from radio shack can be used to replace them. test for diode continuity and replace the bad ones.....it may just be a boiled loose solder joint. It looks like I may getting to repair some of these units also.

Anthen27
08-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Tim, Please respond when you get a chance..............Anthony

SlotracerRick
09-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Anthen27 if you still need your controller fixed I can repair it for you I will give you a ph number to call me if you need it repaired number is 1-815-759-9300 ask for Rick ...... it isnt very hard to repair these controllers and I can also ad a breaker to the break 's
hope this will help you out
Thanks Rick