PDA

View Full Version : Parma to Difalco conversion

Mitch
01-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Hey gang, give me your options on upgrading my two 1-ohm drag controllers with a Difalco module. Is it simple to do the conversion? I have a real DeFalco road course controller with all the bells and whistles. I am planning on getting two of the these upgrade modules so I want to save some money. I am looking at the DD410 drag pro module. This unit would use the stock Parma wires and clips. There would be no blast relay system nor a glue roll-out button. I always glue my cars at the starting line by hand anyways. I could always add the relay stsem in the future. I run mostly 16D motors now. I am just getting into this sport. So, If anyone could give some input or suggestions about this conversion or DiFalco controllers in general please reply.
Thanks,
Mitch

Rep

Anthen27
01-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I am a little confused? What controllers do you have that you want to upgrade? Parma Turbo's? If so yes Jim difalco sells the drag module and a frame and wire kit to help with the install ($32.00), The relay is only like ($14.00) from difalco with the exrta wires and anti arc protetion, You can do it yourself it is pretty easy, Jim Difalco gives you great instructions with his controller parts...............

New York Nick
01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Mitch
I have done it with the parma frame and Difalco kit
it good but it's great if you use the difalco frame.
My 2 cents keep your drag controller and buy all the parts to make a Difalco controller you will still save some money.