PDA

View Full Version : Track wiring - HO

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Is this a - or + gate wiring diagram????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/GoodwrenchIntimidator3/Wiring.gif

HurricaneLarry
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
From What I can see, it looks positive gate to me ... Why?

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks
Just makeing sure my H.O. Track was wired right :D, after a few min search i found this as well
Originally posted by Foamy
Positive Gate wiring is when battery negative goes to the brake wire of controller.

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 10:08 AM
anyone 100 % sure which this is???
Thanks
Kevin

triggerman
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
On our tracks here in Rochester, the right side braid is Positive when looking down from above.

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 10:31 AM
these PDF pic show it as a + gate http://oldweirdherald.com/slotcartalk/attachment.php?s=&postid=14457
but both show wires to the track in differnt places

NFalls
02-04-2005, 10:32 AM
...the diagram is positive gate but the wiring to the track braid is reversed. If the arrows indicate direction of travel then the black (power) should be connected to the right side and the red connected to the left.

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Ok my track is wired just like the first pic, an the cars go in the direction of the arrows, even stock tyco's do, even though the wires to the track are different than the other(right way) pic, why is this, shouldnt they go backwards??? Im not crawling under that table to redo the 22 taps( there is 8 wires at each tap :O) i have since it works an is not broken

triggerman
02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
I remember seeing a diagram of a double pole/double throw switch at each drivers station that would reverse the direction of the cars in case they had magnets reversed or gears reversed if thats possible. Does anyone have that diagram? If not I'll draw one up tonight.

Intimidator#3
02-04-2005, 05:20 PM
this shows the switch http://members.rogers.com/bfergy/ATW.html

triggerman
02-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Using the first diagram...Basically your taking the two center taps on the switch and going straight to the track. The wires from the left side of the diagram will go to one side of the switch (left) and continue to the other side of the switch (right) while crossing over (top to bottom).

This could make for very interesting riders if running different polarities at the same time:-)

slotcarsten
02-05-2005, 12:39 AM
The diagram in the first post is the correct way to wire a HO track.
It follows the "Parma" color scheme and the HO convention of having the negative on the right of the lane.

However for 1/32 or 1/24 scale it is standard to have the plus on the right side of the lane. The wiring is still the same but the car travel in the opposite direction of the indication on the drawing.

(An exception is in Sweeden where they still have negative to the right. Every time we get back to club racing after a visit in Sweeden, it is great fun to see peoples cars jetting backward down the straight into the deadman to the surprice of the driver. LOL.)

Best regards,
Carsten Groennemann.