PDA

View Full Version : HO versus 1/32

johnsonpgj
09-17-2002, 11:21 PM
I am trying to decide between buying an HO or 1/32 slot car set.

Is HO a lot faster than 1/32. I love speed but all I am concerned about is whether the 1/32 sets are too slow. My brother bought an old HO scalectrix set (so thats all I have seen) so I was just wondering about the new sets I have seen (Ninco).

For example when racing on a home ninco set you won't have the situation where you can just hold the controller at full throttle and the car won't even come off the track.

What are the actual fastest speeds (actual speeds not scale) of each of these scale types on average that they can reach.

Maybe what I have asked is not the greatest question but any other advice you can give me before I purchase my set will be great.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Ciccarello
09-18-2002, 11:53 AM
HO can be faster than 1/32. I depends on the type of car. You will not be able to hole a 1/32 car wide open in the turns. I think they are pretty fast. I really do not know what the actual speeds are. I would get the 1/32 set myself.

I hope this helped.

Paul

Jczpt
09-28-2002, 07:45 PM
well, I 'd like to comment on this, I still race 1/24 (commercial) I 've been racing Ho club style and they are fast. I have and old 1/32 track but with new cars, ho is faster than 1/32, but a set of ho could take up less space than 1/32, however the deatiling can 't be matched in 1/32.
so if ya want speed and a eay way of having maybe 4 lanes, go Ho.
if your new to alll this, start with 1/32, learn to drive (no magnets) then buy an ho later.
Just my two cents worth.
John C