PDA

View Full Version : controller help

slotracer_x
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
i need to order a difalco, i want to buy the best with all that i need on it. i run scale, truck, dlm, gtp. any idea on what model to order

wjtaylor
08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
hy not go right to the source?

www.difalcoonline.com
772-334-1987

Bill

slotracer_x
08-02-2005, 01:56 PM
i did but got no reply yet to a em

zaprp
08-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Start reading:

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/slotcartalk/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=1000&forumid=42

oldweirdherald
08-02-2005, 10:18 PM
The new transistorized controllers adjust to accomodate many different types of cars, classes, and tracks - yet there still are a viariety of models offered to suit the range of cars you will be racing the most, as well as your personal preferences and budget.

What kind of track will you be racing on, and what classes of cars will you be racing?

Talk to your track owner and the local racers and get their reccomendations.

With a bit more info, you can get some good advice here as well.

Your track owner can order the controller of your choice through his distributor.

I'm going to move this thread to the Controller Tech Tips forum, so that it will get the proper attention - with a redirect so you will still find it.

Ramcatlarry
08-03-2005, 12:29 AM
You should be able to get a test drive somewhere from a raceway or racer. The main difference (other than accessory Gadgets) is in how sensitive the LOW speed control is. Are you driving a lot of flat road course sports cars? High speed oval and King or Hillclimb?

Practical model differences:

1) Brake pot. Cheap one is, well CHEAPER. You can always upgrade to the better pot.

2) Dual Polarity. Do you race at several different raceways that have NOT standardized on positive gate? If you have no expectation of racing on a negative gate track, the DP kit will go unused.

3)Blast Relay. Do you run group 12 or faster motors? Long ovals or King tracks? If NOT a blast relay will not make you any faster.

Mopar_rob
08-03-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by slotracer_x
i need to order a difalco, i want to buy the best with all that i need on it. i run scale, truck, dlm, gtp. any idea on what model to order

Donít make this harder than it has too be.

DD 226-15 if you want normal resistors

DD 236-15 if you want the fanatic pots for more adjustability.

Most people never change the resistance with the fanatic pots. Both of these have upgraded brake pot and the blast relay. Yes you can upgrade the other models at a later date, but the controller will cost you more in the long run.

slotracer_x
08-03-2005, 06:01 AM
thank you