PDA

View Full Version : Parma Airbrush

theluke01
10-04-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi Paul
I was wondering when the Parma Airbrush will become available. I am currently bidding on a couple of used Paasche airbrushes on Ebay, but if I buy new it will be from Vancouver Speedway. If the Parma unit has some of the features I want, I may just pass on the ebay units. Here is a basic wish list:
1. The thing has to be able to use Parma bottles as color bottles.
2. Caps have to be less than $5.00 so I can have several quick change colors without breaking the bank.
3. tough and durable, preferrably made from metal.
4. Several tip sizes available, for a variety of paints.
5. Detachable air hose, easily replaceable.

I also would like the thing to be relatively low price. (I will want 2!) Not be so small that I can't find it in my hand, and of course have excellent function. I prefer single action, but I can use dual if that is all there is. I also require the thing to be able to use my air compressor! I am not going to go buy some tiny silly noisy "airbrush compressor" when I have a 80 gallon 7 HP cast iron thing in the same place I will be painting!

Looking forward to seeing the thing on the web, at least!
Luke

Paul Ciccarello
10-07-2002, 11:16 AM
1. The thing has to be able to use Parma bottles as color bottles.
Of course it does.

2. Caps have to be less than $5.00 so I can have several quick change colors without breaking the bank.Ours retail for around $12 for 3.
3. tough and durable, preferrably made from metal.Yes.
4. Several tip sizes available, for a variety of paints.We only have one because that is all you will need.
5. Detachable air hose, easily replaceable. Yes.

The airbrush only comes in dual action. The more you paint I think you will like dual more. It will retail for $109.99. The air compressor you have is fine.

Paul

theluke01
10-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Wow, Paul...you would think maybe someone listened to someone who paints racecar bodies! Just amazing that you guys have made an airbrush that fits our needs so well...when can I get one?
Luke

Paul Ciccarello
10-08-2002, 01:16 PM
About 2 weeks.

Paul

NFalls
10-09-2002, 09:44 AM
I agree, try the dual action and get a book on using an airbush for art, sign painting and other projects. They will teach you techniques etc. which can be adapted to your paint jobs and help with shading effects starbursts et. All you need is imagination and a little practice. You can even find videos on these subjects.

delboy
10-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi Paul
when your new airbrush becomes available I shall be buying one along with a suitable compressor. What pressure should the compressor be capable of pumping out? Would 25/30 p.s.i. be sufficient?
DEL

Rotorranch
10-10-2002, 04:17 PM
I use between 25-50 psi depending on what paint I am spraying. I use the 60 gallon 6 HP compressor I use in the race car shop, with a regulator and dryer in line.

Rotor

delboy
10-11-2002, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info Rotor. I wll be using Faskolor, slighty thicker conistentcy than other paints I have used, does this mean I need higher pressure?
Del

Paul Ciccarello
10-14-2002, 06:16 AM
I use 40-60 psi for everything.

Paul

CTSHOOTOUT
10-27-2002, 09:44 PM
I use at least 40psi for the Faskolor, when below that i notice inconsisence in flow. For the pactra you can spray at a lower psi when it's thinned, but after using the latex stuff i'll never go back to oil. ;) Anyone wanna buy some pactra paint? :D