PDA

View Full Version : Koford M459E Problems

jimmiejump
08-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Is anyone using this controller? Mine seems to have no adjustablity. Just wondering if this is normal or what! Contoller seems to be wide open with the slightest movement of the trigger, trying to adjust the sensitivity & the brake seem fruitless. Not bad mouthing the product, just wondering if it's me or the controller. Using controller on a commercial track. THANKS

Ramcatlarry
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
This the Koford unit with the fan on it - right? It is a lighter duty unit using the same principal of operations as the Difalco and Ruddock controllers. If you overload or short out the wrong wire, the transistor and some of the related resistors can literately blow out and need replacing. Get out the Ohm meter....

oldweirdherald
09-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Best bet may be to email Stuart Koford.

slot@koford.com

I think Larry is right, that something may have blown - a wire, resistor, fuse, or transistor.

Stu can tell you what to look for, and if it needs repair, whether it is something you can fix, or more likely to send it to Koford for repair.

If it is something blown from hooking up wrong, it can probably be fixed for a nominal charge. If the controller has any sort of problem from when you got it, I'm sure they will stand behind their product and make it right.

Oh... BTW - if it has a fuse... like an automotive type fuse... check that first! A burned out fuse could be the whole problem - and takes about 10 seconds and a $.75 fuse to fix!!! :D

jimmiejump
09-08-2005, 04:13 AM
emailed Kofer yesterday here's thier response
Jim:
No problem.
The 459e response was tuned for G7 motors which pull much more current then a stock 16d. There could be a problem with the installation but it is also possible that the response is a bit too twichy for stock 16d on your particular track. What classes of car do you run? If you run mostly 16D's then we could switch out some of the resistors to make it work smoothly with 16d's.

Just include $10 and we will take care of any repairs and tune the controller for the 16 motors and ship it back to you.

SK

It's so nice to do business with a company that provides service after the sale.