PDA

View Full Version : New NASCAR Bodies

RollinI
10-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Is there a list of the approved 4" NASCAR bodies for next year?

LoudCat
10-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Sometime in November you will see the list posted at this link:

http://www.usra.us/rules.htm

Mike Wyatt
10-07-2002, 10:48 AM
why does it take from April (I think that is when the Rules were voted in) to November (at least six months) to post/print new rules? And the new Rules are a variation of the old rules- easy to do with a word processing program.

This is an honest question, not a slam on anyone associated w/ the USRA. People are getting ready in September and October for racing in November. I just think it should be more efficient than it seems to be.

Monty@B.O.W.
10-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Mike,

The request was for NEXT YEAR'S legal list. As a matter of fact, the body rules were changed extensively, requireing a new drawing and specifying approx. 15 different measurements.

The manufacturers then had until August to submit new shells to USRA officials. All of this material then has to be shuffled from the outgoing officers to the incoming personnel.

Personally, I'm thrilled to be promised a new list by November. Just a few years ago, we were lucky to get a list as much as one month before the race! Granted, some USRA regions will want to implement the 2003 rules several months before the 2003 Nats, but November is still pretty good. We're talking bodies here, not motor/chassis. I tend to paint mine the day before the race, or race morning if pressed for time :-)