PDA

View Full Version : Gp 27 airgaps

Ricardo PAROLU
10-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Hi Paul, Im from Brazil...

I have a problem, to make results on the 27 motors, I have tested all air gaps .500 to .513, and my motor run slow, and the armature are so hot...
In Brazil the category of 27 Light (spray glue, only 2 motor per heat ) - uses only single mags 400x440 or 400ē...
My motors are in 400x440 (B52 mags), Koford can and endbell, horizontal brushes, and the spring tension is 120... the armatures - 32 to 40... .490 tri star
I have 10 motor and only one run faster... and I donīt know why the other ones don't run fast...
Im using 10/38 to the armatures with low time (32 to 36) and 9/38 to the hi-timed (37 to 40)...
On the Sao Paulo State Championship my best motor make 2.282 on the track, and the TQ was 2,112 at 13.8v.... (The TQ motor - same mags that Im using, but In Alpha can and endbell, hroizontal brushes, same body and others...
And on the race on my heat I finished on 3rd, becuase I had a good car and I donīt crah anytime... But my motors on the race are slow and hot...

I want to know what is going on with my motors? Why the motors are too hot and run slow?
Any suggestions?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank You
Nice regards

Sorry but I donīt speak english very well...
:D

Paul Ciccarello
10-14-2002, 06:14 AM
If I had to guess I would say it was your body/chassis setup. Many times people have good motors but their body is not mounted properly. Yes, you can have all the dimensions correct but the key to a good body is the taping and winging. There is no way that out of 10 motors that only one can be good. It could be the best but the others should be close. With a good body all of the motors will run good. For spray glue the should never get hot. I would suggest to have a body mounted by one of the fast guys and see what happens.

Let me know how what happens.

Paul