PDA

View Full Version : tracks in michigan?

ffattcatt
11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know of any tracks in Michigan that are open or at least any within a hour or so from Jackson Michigan. If not does anyone know of a small track for sale that would fit in a basement?:confused:

M G Brown
11-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Motor City Raceway is in Sterling Heights which is more than an hour but is worth the drive 'cause they have a King, a Hillclimb and lots of parts.

Dude, did you check out the directory listing: Michigan Tracks (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/cgi-bin/states.pl?command=display&state=MI&text=Michigan)

How big is your basement? You can fit anything in a big enough basement.

ffattcatt
11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
My space in the basement is approx 15' by 30' can't use the whole basement if I still want my wife to talk to me.

Zippity
11-23-2005, 10:47 PM
What are you???

A man or a mouse??? :D:D

M G Brown
11-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Dang it's not all bad being a single slot racer.

Bill from NH
11-24-2005, 08:00 AM
M. G., I never saw a slot car that could cook, do laundry, or wash dishes.:D

ffattcatt, didn't you own a commercial raceway at one time or do I have you confused with someone else?:)

ffattcatt
11-24-2005, 02:31 PM
hey Bill
I had Galaxy Raceway here in Jackson. Basically got closed down by the city. OK Ron H don't say I told you so.:) Kinda got out of it after that for awhile-really miss it though. I just thought if I got a decent size track in the basement,then I wouldn't embarass myself after driving a hour or two to race.

Bill from NH
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
So my memory isn't as bad as I thought.:) Have you given any thought to building a custom routered wood track that would fit into your space? There is how-to info here on OWH (I think it is by Larry Geddes in PA) & there are other sources on the internet if you want to go that route.

David Weakley
11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Boogie is in the process of opening a new raceway in Jackson area. It is in Michigan Center on the main exit road from 127. I forget the name. It's not far from 127 either. Initial track will be the yellow he used to have at the mall. He should have it installed pretty soon i hope. He is in the market for another track, a hillclimb maybe. See you there sometime.

M G Brown
11-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Motor City has their Website up now...

www.motorcityslotcars.com

M G Brown
11-27-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Bill from NH
M. G., I never saw a slot car that could cook, do laundry, or wash dishes.:D

Bill: We have lots of nice places to have dinner in Chicago, a Korean guy does my shirts, and the rest I can do myself. I find its lots cheaper this way.

Bill from NH
11-27-2005, 02:29 PM
M.G., I've eaten dinner at some of those fine Chicago places you speak of. Great quality of food combined with very reasonable prices, even within the loop. But how to you tell a slotcar to get on their own side of the bed? :D :D :D

Zippity
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
MGB

Why does the link you provided for Motorcityslotcars not work? :( :(

SpaceCowboy
11-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Zippity I just tried and it did work for me but I probably got lucky! The links don't usually work to good for me! :rolleyes:

M G Brown
11-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Bill: My slotcars have not yet figured out how to get out of the box on their own (there could be a pun there) let alone get into bed.

Zip: The link works on my puter.

Zippity
11-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Sorry, no information is available for the URL www.motorcityslotcars.com

* If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: www.motorcityslotcars.com
* Find web pages from the site www.motorcityslotcars.com
* Find web pages that contain the term "www.motorcityslotcars.com"

M G Brown
11-28-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't know what to tell ya Zip- I just clicked on it and loaded the page with no problems from the third different computer since I posted this.

kkjva
11-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Zip,

MG is correct. I loaded the page with no problem. In fact, when MG was here this weekend I showed him the page, then he posted the reply from my computer.

MG,

Glad to read that you are home safely!!

Be Good,
kkjva
K.L. VanAtta

linju62
11-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Link doesn't work on My computer either.
Your not alone Zip.
:confused:

kkjva
11-28-2005, 04:15 AM
linju62 & Zip,

After I read your post I tried the link again and it came right up. So, I will key the link in.

www.motorcityslotcars.com

And, here is a hot link.
Motor City Slot Car Raceway (http://www.motorcityslotcars.com/)

Be Good,
kkjva
K.L. VanAtta

P.S. I previewed this message and checked the links and they work.
KLV

M G Brown
11-28-2005, 04:55 AM
I don't know what the frick is going on. It works for me with IE 6.0, Netscape and Safari.

linju62
11-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Still does not work tried with IE 6,0 and Firefox

Still:confused:

Perhapse they do not want to share secrets with foreigners:) :) :)