PDA

View Full Version : question about sprayglue?

Ralph
10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Hi,my anmes is Ralph and I have alot of people telling how to lay the glue and mix it. So my question it what ratio of tire glue and naptha do you mix? and do you put it before the turns or do you glue the whole track? Thanks Ralph

Rotorranch
10-21-2002, 11:33 PM
Hi Ralph.....a lot will depend on the cars, the track and the power you are running.

The track I worked at in the 80's-90's used one bottle of heavy glue to a quart of Coleman fuel. A light mist sprayed at the entry to the turns. This was on an old American Black track, mostly running womps with stock 16Ds. We never sprayed the Purple Mile, as there was usually enough apllied bottle glue to do the trick.

On my track, I found the heavy was too stuck for my racers. Light glue was just a waste of time. I settled on medium glue, one bottle to a quart of coleman fuel, but did mist the whole corner. One quart of mix will do my 65 foot tri-oval twice. This works good for my racers, running stock 16D flexis.

Hope this helps!

Rotor

Ralph
10-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Thanks Rotorranch, for the information it's very helpful. We have an older 220ft Engleman that we just repaired and we usally run super16d 's and wing 12's. But I will try this formula and let you know what happens. One more question do you like coleman fuel over naptha? Thanks Ralph

Rick56
10-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Rotorranch is using about the same thing that I do. I mix a bottle of Koford medium with 20oz. of Colman fuel. I clean the track with Daddyo's track cleaner, this cleaner works great and seems healthier than Naptha or other chemicals.