PDA

View Full Version : Group 27 Camen arms

Jacko
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Boy, I can understand why people get confused sometimes.

I found a website that lists "Group 27" armatures with many different winds and diameters.
What is this all about?
These are Camen "Bandit" arms that are listed.

Does this "Bandit" designation infer that these are intentional "cheater" arms, maybe just tagged as a 27 arm?

Maybe THATS why I have been losing so much...(lol)

Would a large and well known and respected company like Camen do something like that? I don't think so.
Apparently, it is a listing mistake. But I can't confirm it by phone very easily.

Take a look for yourself. Am I missing something and am I wrong?

http://www.ncphobbies.com/cgi-bin/vcat/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-2753&SearchField=category&SearchFor=124slotcar/Armature/Camen&template=Htx/124slotcar2.htx&hdr=Welcome+To+The+Camen+Armature+Store&displayNumber=20

I tried to call the store via long-distance to ask a few questions and possibly order a few parts (NOT cheater parts, by the way), but they don't even have a person to answer the phone. You have to leave them a message or fax them your questions.

Yet they say:

If you can't find what you are looking for give us a call at (419)898-2333 and we will track it down for you.

OMG, what is this world coming to? The phone part really irks me.
It seems lately nobody will answer a phone.
Why is that?
Don't they want the potential sale? I don't appreciate having to wait until it's convenient for them to call me. I think that is flat out rude. I would never buy from a place that won't put a human on the phone.
Oh well, my opinion only, and you know what they say...opinions are like......., everyone has one.

Mahill
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Jacko
Everything is just right, only they all are Gr7 open arms instead of Gr27, which explains the varied winds & diameters
Fred

Freddie
08-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Jacko,

This is obviously a mistake on the part of ncphobbies.com. The Bandit series of armatures are Unlimited/Grp 7/Open armatures only and will NEVER have a 27 tag installed by Camen.

They have the information correct listing the winds and the "Bandit" Designation, but inserting "Group 27" is a mistake on their part. Do not purchase one of the Bandits for 27 racing as it will NOT have a tag and will NOT be legal.

oldweirdherald
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Yet another reason why you should deal with current OWH sponsors. Just click on the banners up on top for dealers who actively participate and provide service for enthusiasts of this hobby - not ones who simply try to make a buck selling old stock.

I would normally remove links to non-sponsor dealers... the dealer you are referring to has had many complaints posted here about never answering the phone or emails. They never paid their OWH bill either.

If you want quality Camen armatures, call one of the OWH sponsors who actually have races at their raceways, and who can help you select the items that are best for your needs.

HRK
08-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Hang'em up by the lead wires!

Jacko
08-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by oldweirdherald
Yet another reason why you should deal with current OWH sponsors. Just click on the banners up on top for dealers who actively participate and provide service for enthusiasts of this hobby - not ones who simply try to make a buck selling old stock.

I would normally remove links to non-sponsor dealers... the dealer you are referring to has had many complaints posted here about never answering the phone or emails. They never paid their OWH bill either.

If you want quality Camen armatures, call one of the OWH sponsors who actually have races at their raceways, and who can help you select the items that are best for your needs.

Yea Paul, I should have known better, and I will remember your words in the future.

Thanks guys!
Jack

NGRDan
08-29-2006, 02:51 AM
Or how about buying from your local raceway!

Dan Ebert
North Gallery Raceway
Trying to keep Slot Car Racing alive in North West Penna