PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jim Difalco

Phil Smith
11-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Hey Jim, I have owned an Emotion Fanatic for a couple of years and recently purchased another for a backup. My older Fanatic is the first version with switchable sensitivity. I like response of the new Fanatic MUCH more than the switchable one.

My question is, will you sell me the parts to upgrade my older Fanatic, and if so, what parts need to be changed?

DifalcoDesign
11-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Phil, i can get you the parts. The main pot needs to be changed. Also remember that transistors have slightly different outputs and the Fanatic pots may not be set exactly the same. Take an ohmmeter and measure the resistance between each band of new controller. Then adjust pots on old version to match. This may get you closer to the feel of the new unit.

My e-mail has been down but contact me early next week at AskJim@DifalcoOnline.com or call me for the parts.

Jim Difalco

Phil Smith
11-07-2002, 11:15 PM
Jim,

Thanks for your response. I have the older Fanatic's response turned down as slow as it will go, including the bottom half of the bands, and it still has quite a bit faster response than the new Fanatic. I'm sure it's not good technique, but I like the response very slow. I would like to do whatever it takes to make the older controller equally slow.

I'll contact you next week about it.