PDA

View Full Version : Car, Motor & Track specs for King records?

rocket man
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Iím sittin here watchin the Rolex sports car race at Utah, and working on a spread sheet to calculate performance parameters on a King track (corner and straight line gs, etc). I have older King track corner radius information from a post earlier this year from John Ford (13 March 06), and older motor rpm, gear ratio and speed information from a post on 11 December 2003 from Monty Ohren. I am setting up the spread sheet for the Orange lane, but could easily set it up for any lane, knowing lane spacing, (4.5 inch lane, 4.5 inch gutter) etc.

My questions are:

1. What kind of corner radius and bank angles are on the latest ďrecordď King tracks 6 corners?

2. What is the latest motor info for Gp 12 and Gp 7 record cars:

Max qualifying motor rpm at 16 volts, typical qualifying gear ratios?

3. Group 7 total weight, (Group 12 is still 72 grams)? If a group 12 car can be made to weigh 50 grams with the latest motors, how light are the group 7 cars now?

I believe car weight is a critical item in lowering record times, because the lower weight lowers the centrifugal force in the corners, so the tires and body aerodynamics can counteract this force.

4. Also could use maximum and minimum speeds to check my spread sheet calculations.

Thanks,

Rocket Man

rocket man
09-02-2006, 07:20 PM
OK, no replies yet...so I will post a sample spread sheet jpeg.

This Group 12 sample uses data from Monty Ohren from 2003; 85,000 rpm motor, 4.33 gears, .760 tires and ~2.7 second laps.

I would like to update with the latest info.

Thanks,

Rocket Man

P.S. Sorry, I can't post a bigger file or excel file.