PDA

View Full Version : Difalco controller help

Freddie
09-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a 15 band Difalco controller that only works on the fastest bands(full speed). When I move the trigger the car does not go until full speed. At the Nats when I hooked up the controller it was full speed without pulling the trigger. So I replaced the transistor and it worked fine threw the c12 semi and main, and in the 27 semi but in the 27 main it would only work on the full speed postion. Does anyone know what to do to fix the problem?

Freddie

dominator
09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
I"m by far no controller expert, but if you have a good meter and can figure out what the value of the transistor is you can get a read to see if it is operating correctly. The next simpliest thing is to just call Jim himselft at Difalco designs and see what he says. If he can't troulbe shoot it over the phone he will probably ask you to send it out to him. I don't remember what he charges but I'm sure it's pretty minimum.

Tire Killer
09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Freddie ............ Mine did the same thing at the Summer Shoot-Out. It turned out to be one of the pots had gone bad that controled the sensitivity on the bands. Once I discovered which one, Dave Stocks soldered the two legs together and it worked like a champ. Of course, I ended up sending the controller back to Difalco for the ultimate repair after the race. Hope this helps ........... Kev ;)

mark g
09-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Give me a call at the shop tomarow(friday) I can talk you through the repair. Easy fix!;)

Freddie
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Freddie