PDA

View Full Version : HOPAC G-Jet Series Race #2

oldweirdherald
10-23-2006, 06:37 AM
http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/albums/HOPAC_10_2006/DSC09680.sized.jpg

I had a blast racing at the HOPAC Washington G-Jet Series Race #2 at Joe Mendoza's Bucktrax Velocity Dome track in Renton WA on Sat Oct 21st, this past weekend.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and type up the race results here yet, but I did get all the pics posted and captioned.

I'll add the race results here as soon as I get a chance, hopefully tonight.

Here's the pics:

HOPAC WA G-Jet Series Race Photo Gallery (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/gallery/HOPAC_10_2006)

oldweirdherald
10-24-2006, 05:25 AM
HOPAC
Washington State Fall Series Race #2
October 21, 2006
Joe Mendoza's RAD Raceway - Renton WA

BSRT G-Jets

I didn't get the qualifying printout... but

TQ overall was Gary Beedle 3.5??

Concours - Darin Snow

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/albums/HOPAC_10_2006/DSC09713.sized.jpg

Prelim Heats - 2 min heats

Prelim E

1 - Paul Kassens - 107
2 - Dave Rock - 100
3 - Bryan Jacobson - 92

Prelim Heat D

1 - Larry Norman - 104
2 - Darcy D'Esturbe - 94
3 - Rick Mason - 93

Prelim Heat C

1 - Mike Neeley - 103
2 - Jim Trusty - 98
3 - Marty Bauer - 97

Prelim Heat B

1 - Dean Tweeddale - 108
2 - Glenn Shaw - 108
3 - Randy Chin - 107
4 - Chris Tucker - 107

Prelim Heat A (Pro)

1 - Gary Beedle - 117
2 - Steve Stauffer - 117
3 - Joe Mendoza - 114
4 - Darin Snow - 112

After the Prelims - the top 4 of each class were seeded automatically to the A Mains.
The D & C mains had top 2 advance to the next main.

There were 4 Pros, and all 4 were above the Amateur totals, so they made up the Pro A Main.

The Amateur A Prelim was definately the hot heat, as all 4 made the sitout for the Amateur A Main - however... the TOP 5 were all within ONE LAP!!! After marking our finish positions, The Old Weird Dude (me) was the "bubble man", missing the A Main by about 6 feet! And only a lap out of 1st, to wind up racing for 5th in the B Main! That shows how close these cars (and drivers) truly are!

Amateur G-Jet D Main

1 - Rick Mason - 261
2 - Marty Bauer - 253
3 - Darcy D'Esturbe - 245
4 - Bryan Jacobson - 228

Amateur G-Jet C Main

1 - Rick Mason - 253
2 - Dave Rock - 248
3 - Marty Bauer - 229
4 - Jim Trusty - 229

Amateur G-Jet B Main

1 - Paul Kassens - 263 - (I had to try to redeem myself ;) )
2 - Mike Neeley - 256
3 - Rick Mason - 253
4 - Larry Norman - 245

Amateur G-Jet A Main

1 - Glenn Shaw - 275 - Great race Glenn!!!
2 - Randy Chinn - 265 - also a great race for Randy!
3 - Dean Tweeddale - 259
4 - Chris Tucker - 249

Pro G-Jet A Main

1 - Gary Beedle - 291 - at least he didn't make it look easy
2 - Joe Mendoza - 287 - on Gary's tail all race
3 - Steve Stauffer - 286 - great come-back after bad 1st heat!
4 - Darin Snow - 276

I'll leave the overall positions and points to Dean, as I'm sure he'll be mailing out a newsletter report with the standings soon.

Here's a link to photos:

HOPAC Series Race #2 Photo Gallery (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/gallery/HOPAC_10_2006)

TOM GRAY
10-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Paul
Looks like the G-jets are as close as they were at the Western States!:) We will have 5 G-jet events in our MARC group out here
in New England. I expect it will be just as close as they were
last year.
Later
Tom

Green Destiny
10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words Paul and thanks for the pictures and race report. It was good to see you at the race. Hopefully you'll be able to attend another one in the series. I attribute much of my win to the "Less is More" concept. I didn't practice, didn't run my car before the qualifying rounds, the only tool I bothered to unpack was my Dremel and I spent a lot of my time during the races relaxing in Joe's living room. However I didn't think about winning until the warm up for the A main. I thought that I'd just take the 4th and call it a successful day. But I had a feeling right before the A main, that if I drove calm and steady then I could win. Having a fast car is nice, but it doesn't do any good when its off the track :D I'm already planning to do very little at the next race as the track owner has a really comfortable couch. Thanks for reading. Glenn

TheRockinator
10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Paul, You always make note of my "behind the back relaxed"driving style. It should be noted that I only drove that way for 1 heat of the entire race. The cord on that particular controller is kind of short so I can't get comfortable on most of the driver's stations on that track. It should also be noted that your 2 hands on the controller bent over at the waist crazy intense style usually kicks my relaxed behind.

Later! The sometimes too laid back Rockinator

P.S. The g-jet racing was fast, close and FUN!!!
P.P.S. I hope to have a much faster car next race so I can relax AND do well.