PDA

View Full Version : problems getting parts at local track

Grandi Racing
11-09-2006, 10:07 PM
hey all. im not sure if anybody can really provide me with an answer to this, but im having a lot of trouble getting some parts around here. My local raceway, Slot Car Emporium in warwick, RI, is seemingly unable to get any of the kelly G2 cans from any of the new england distributors, and is unable to get some of the newer design bodies, when tracks just up north of us seem to be getting infinite amounts of the latest and greatest stuff.

perhaps im running myself around in circles but this problem isnt making much sense, especially with the rules of the local touring series, stating that if a participating raceway cannot recieve any 1 part from at least 2 major distributers then the said part cannot be used. If in fact this rule is followed, then this would cause one heck of a problem for about half the racers of the series. Can anybody help me out with some way to help fix this?? it dosnt seem to make much sense to me

GaryG
11-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Grandi,

I'd give my local track owner the opportunity to get
what I want. But if he doesn't have it within a week,
I'll call other raceways that already have it!

Aubin 3 sixteen
11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
As far as I know there is only one slot distributorship in New England. You might want to suggest to Chris that if he is not able to get what he needs/wants from his existing supply chain he might need to look elsewhere, otherwise he loses sales to you and others like you.

Phil I.
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
:eek:

On top look at the OWH sponser list. If you have a list, check with them & if they don't have it all, ask for who is their dist. who mite?

3 quickies,
Crawley dist.
www.slotcarsusa.com

R.E.H. dist.
www.slotcars.org

Eagle dist.
www.eagledist.com

Try them and if they don't have what you want ask who mite..
OR!
Get a copy of SLOTCAR BULLETEN (sp) and go threw it looking for a dist.

IF YA DON'T KNOW, ASK...
PHIL
:D

minman94
11-23-2006, 03:52 PM
this problem is bigger than you might think I own a track in Georgia and about 1\3 rd of what I want each week my dist. did not have. The first few times this happened I tryed to get the things I wanted from a second dist. and they did not have most of them either and it was not profitable to pay the shipping for the few things they did have

nascar17
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree you should give your local track a try first, but if they can not supply drop us a line we have alot of merchandise and provide free shipping!! Check out our site and drop us a line. Thanks

Eddy

www.theslotcarstore.com

mike coleman
04-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Late in the season it can be hard to some parts from any distributor.

Ed Gray
08-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey guys i have i own Fast Eddies World of Speed In Richmond Indiana
I use eagle dist. If they dont have it no one will. I get 95% or better of my order every week. If you cant get something from your local track then give me a call or email me I will see what i can do for you. I will ship up to one pound of items for 5.00 us priorty mail.
756-935-3287
fasteddieswos2aol.com

Ed Gray

racer76
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
It seems certain items are hard to get at certain times of the year. Some of the Slot Car parts manufacturers are very small. One very well known manufacturer runs his business out of his home and when he was sick last year, I could only get limited amounts of his stuff. See if your local Slot Car store uses Eagle or Crawley, if they do they should be able to get the stuff, if the manufacturer is not back logged. It is frustrating when you want something and can't get it, but it is even more frustrating to your local store when they can't get it for you. My suggestion stock up in the summer for winter racing. Last winter it took me weeks to get Group 12 and Group 20 motors because of the back log at the manufacturers.

racer76

CAVEMAN
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Summer purchases are a good idea. They help your local store get through a generally slow period of the year too.

minman94
10-29-2007, 06:08 AM
stocking up in the summer is a good idea but the summer is our slow period and sometimes we do not have enough spare cash (ha ha ) laying around to put into extra stock we have to keep enough cash to pay the rent etc. just have to do the best we can do