PDA

View Full Version : tampa classic

raceready
11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Paul,we are all looking forward to having you race with us this weekend.Should be a great race and im sure the racres will learn a lot from what you can show us.

Paul Ciccarello
11-14-2002, 08:20 AM
I can't wait to get there. It should be a good time. See you there.

Paul

Bartx7000
11-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Hey Paul.
It was fun racing with you in Tampa.
I think after a little practice you could be great on the road Course. Maybe next year you will be more of a competitor on it.
Jason

LesN
11-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Thanks. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at SCR-Tampa Bay this weekend. You are a trooper and I'm sure we pretty much wore you out with some non-stop competition. The 5 classes we ran had a total of 96 entries. We're very pleased with the support from our local racers, out of town Florida racers, you and your team, Terry and his team, etc. For those that didn't make it, Friday started at around 6:00 PM and lasted until about 1:00 AM. That was nothing compared to Saturday when you started your clinics about 9:00 AM and I didn't lock the door until 4:22 AM on Sunday. WOW! I promise next year's Tampa Bay Classic will have a "kinder, gentler" schedule. Thanks again from Earleen & me and the SCR-TB gang. BTW, you didn't happen to run into the "Wandering Blue Smerfs" from Port Jeff when you were at the Tampa Airport today, did you? Rumor had it they were spotted in Florida recently. I was thinking about them when I was cleaning up the track today and noticed an abnormally high number of Bent Rims... Les

Paul Ciccarello
11-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks Les and Earleen. I had a great time and would love to came back again next year. You have some really good racers there. I hope to see some of them at the Div 2 nats and you at the challenge cup next year. Maybe some of them can come there also. I think I might have just missed the Glue thugs. There seemed to be mass confusion at the airport involving some guys from New York. :D It must have been them.

Paul

LesN
11-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Paul, I forgot to say one thing. Forgot to thank all the racers that contributed to the raffle. We raised $300, all of which is going to "Toys for Tots." Once again slot racers showed they are a generous bunch of good guys and girls. We are also sending $25 to Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa to help feed the homeless at Thanksgiving. Thanks to you, Mike, Terry, and especially Murph for your prize contributions.

You're on for next year. Let's set a date for November 14-15, 2003. I'll bet we can get Terry back, too. If we start now we might be able to lure those thugs down, too. I gotta be careful though or I'll need a body guard the next time I walk into Port Jeff. I will plan to be with you at the Challenge Cup next year. Earleen & Les