PDA

View Full Version : Drag track in Laconia N.H.

Louie
12-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Within the next four weeks our 1/8 mile drag track will be complete. We are new to this and in need of dialing in the track as well as the software. We decided to use magnatech braid so not to deal with the messy glues. Our braid is powered by a rivergate 90amp power supply and our program is trackmate pro 3000.
At this time we plan on running only brackets. Schedules for racing has not been set at this time. Louie

dominator
12-28-2006, 07:41 PM
where abouts in laconia will you be located? Any interest in road course racing?

Louie
12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
We race r/c cars on an oval and road course now. This was just something I wanted to do for myself , My passion is in drag racing not onroad or oval. After 22 years of trying to keep up with peoples ideas of whats legal and whats not,countless hours of tearing down motors,I just want to bracket race where each racer can bring a $5.00 car or a $1500.00 car and compete against each other on a track thats evens out the field .
Sorry for babbling on that what 22 years will do for you. Louie

Bill from NH
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Louie, where in Laconia are you located? What day(s) are you planning to race? I'm not a drag racer, not sure about Dom, but one of the owners of Need for Speed in Manchester has quite a collection of drag cars.:)

Louie
12-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Bill, We are located in the Belknap Sportsman Club Building on Lily Pond Road in Gilford. We only rent the building when we race,we are not there full time. We race r/c cars on Sundays but not sure when we will run the drag cars at this time. Will keep you posted. Louie

dominator
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Louie,

Bracket racing will achieve exactly what you are tring to create. A cheap, fun, and inexpensive class that will keep people coming back! It's been some time since we had any drag racing in NH and sounds like it would be a great time once you get set up. All my cars are in the box and will be ready to go with some new tires! I'm sure the guys at NFS will be willing to make a run up also along with whoever else we can "drag" along. Keep us posted when you are all set up.

oldnslow
12-30-2006, 05:56 AM
how long is the "shut down area" after the 1/8 mile drag strip?

Louie
12-30-2006, 06:33 AM
The shut down area is 25 feet, I cut the power off at the finish line. Louie