PDA

View Full Version : Wiztrack as compared to Maxtrax???

Slotcarjames
01-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I am interested in buying a new track and was looking at Wiztrack and Max Trax.

Could someone give me a run down between the two??? Maybe the pros and cons?

Thank you!!!

slotking
01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
the max tracks I run are great!

From the posts that I have read, the wiz track seem to take a little more work to get race ready, but both tracks are fine.

I would mic the rails and pick the one that is closes to tomy

Slotcarjames
01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Based on what I can see it looks like I will be going with Max Trax. The lane spacing is better, their track is thicker. Only con I can come up with is that their rails are thicker which means more down force as compared to other tracks. Also it looks like their price is a little better for the same size track too.

slotking
01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
The old black max track had a lot of down force.

The new gray one I have raced on are not to bad,

they seem a little stronger than Model motoring

Slotcarjames
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
The new track is what I am looking at going with

wheelszk
01-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I have raced on both, thumbs up for the Max. Plus my Max is 4x14

SwamperGene
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll second that thumbs up for MaxTrax.

I have a new 6-lane Max in the shop along with my 4-lane Tomy, which offers a great opportunity for comparisons. Although the Tomy is more challenging most cars move from one track to the other without any setup changes. In fact, I've been setting up my shoes on a piece of 3" Tomy track and they have been riding perfect on the Max.

:D

Slotcarjames
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm looking at track 4416-10 which is the closes to a scorpion layout. I might request some small adjustments to get it closer to. I'm going to trade out the dead section for another tap since I'm going with IR sensors from trackmate.

Phil Smith
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I raced on a Max Trax Friday night. Really nice track! The joints are so precise that they're a non-issue. The only negative is it took a LONG time to get. Much longer than Max Trax had promised. I don't like paying for something and being strung out for months, so I'm not sure I would ever buy one. But definitely a nice track.

mickeygarlock
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I talked to Max Trax people on the phone today and they told me 4 weeks to deliver.

Phil Smith
01-23-2007, 12:00 AM
If you order one let us know how it goes. I think it took 6 to 8 months to get the track I raced on Friday.