PDA

View Full Version : C.V.S.C. Eletronics model 2011

JohnEngland
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
C.V.S.C. Eletronics model 2011
Does anyone have any info on this controller? Where is it made? Anyone have an address for this company?
Is this the 'bootleg clone" that made such a rukus a few years ago?

Quickerthanu
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
It is the Bootleg from awhile back....

Josh B.

Bill from NH
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
These units were made in Brazil & sold by Crawley Distributing in Florida. They may have more information for these controllers.

Ricardo PAROLU
01-25-2007, 11:15 AM
They are made in Argentina...

they have a website but I cant find....

cya

Ricardo

acecarlos
01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
If they are made in Argentina they must be the Best!:D :D :D

Carlos.
ACE Racing System
"Home of The ACE-30's"

Ramcatlarry
02-26-2007, 08:44 PM
The first ones imported were direct clones of the DiFalco. second generation used a different board. Parts and repairs are same as difalco models; same polarity transistor unlike the JG. All of the transistor controllers made since 1965 use the same basic circuit system. Some just work longer and better.

smichslot
02-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Too simple, Larry

I know that sweeping statement sound good (at leats on television!!) but to say that all electronic controllers since 1965 are using the same circuit is not true.

You are admitting that the JG is using a different polarity transistor than the Difalco (and the clone CVSC).

That leads to.

1) Difalco (and CSVC) are using a PNP transistor. This can then be one of the two circuits that has been published on Chris Frosts site, one (the classic) using a Darlington PNP and the other (newest) using a single PNP.

2) JG is using a Darlington NPN, which make the circuit equivalent to the Chech Pro-3 that Jiri Micek is producing.Micek is though using 2 transistors in parallel.

3) The truly "classic" chech Pro-2 that was produced by Peter Cril was using a pair of NPN transistor (not Darlingtons) which means that the bottom-step is half of that of the Darlington-controller, 0,7V instead of 1,5V. To the best racers this is very important.

So, Larry, that gives 4 different circuits. Which of them Ruddock is using I don't know, but I know that there are other controllers out there with topologies that are very different to these four.
I know that you are very experienced, but apparently you haven't got THAT T-shirt.

Good luck!

Steen

Ramcatlarry
02-27-2007, 01:04 PM
In the simplest of terms, they are the same. The trigger controls a variable resistor that affects the transistor for output. A lot of individual components have been used over the years - along with pretty circuit board designs and gadgets to get different rates of response both in the customers willingness to buy new contollers and performance of different types of cars such as wing or Eurosports.

I own one of each of most American made controllers in addition to my almost complete vintage contoller collection. The ones that work all get used now and then and the broken ones will get restored sooner or later.