PDA

View Full Version : sponsers

JPKART67
11-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Hi Paul, is it possible to get slotcar sponser ships. Is it hard, has it been done, and what does it take?? I run Jersey Scale Racing and am an ok engine builder (i reiceved compliments on my engine power from well respected locals) and I am very ambitious. Thanx for any info

Bent rim
11-19-2002, 06:02 AM
Hey JP, getting a slot car sponsorship is like hitting the lotto. You have to race nationally and you have to be very successful. One way to get a sponsorship is to go to work for a manufactuer. Other then that, they want to see your name in the winners circle all the time. They only sponsor guys, who are going to keep their products, in the public eye.
Racing and winning locally is a good start. If you want it bad enough, I'm sure you'll eventually get it. I would say you should start by attending the Parma challenge cup and the division 2 nats, do your best and get your name out there.
Sorry Paul, didn't mean to step on your toes.

Paul Ciccarello
11-19-2002, 07:55 AM
JP,

I think I will change this board over to "Ask anyone but Paul Ciccarello" it has been happening a lot lately.

Anyway to answer your question what Bent told you is how you would want to go about getting sponsored. It is a small industry and it is very hard to get an in, but if you put you mind to it you can do it. In April the Div2 nats will be in Ohio not too far of a drive fron NJ so you might want to try that. Hope to see you at some big races soon.

Paul

Slotracer152
11-19-2002, 01:07 PM
I heard they were handing those things out somewhere in Chicago...

:rolleyes:

JPKART67
11-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanx guys and maybe i will see you at some nats. Hopefuly you will see me in the top 3, notice i said HOPEFULLY!