PDA

View Full Version : Groove Drag Strip

PoppaRat
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
The newly resurfaced 1/4 mi is almost ready for racing.New braid is to be installed this week sometime. As soon as track is race ready ,I'll be posting race dates and special events. Must commend Ed on this rebirth, definitely a major face lift.This will much improve the quailty of racing. Track will be smoother and much faster than before.Surely new records will be set, so when in East Greenville. Stop in for a 1/4 mi. blast, no lack of all out speed here. Ed is located at 413 Jefferson St. Phone 215-679-2260. Hope to see you 1/4 milers there on race day. Can ya handle high speed 1/4 mi racing?Ed will be running Double Elim. brackets with intent of future class and heads up racing shortly.Will inform every one about class and heads up stuff, when I get the word from Ed.New trak mate timing system is also installed. See ya at the Groove

PoppaRat
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM
By the time of this post , Ed should have the finishing touchs on the 1/4 mi strip.After a little cleaning out of the slot, track should be race ready. The newly resurfaced track and the addition of the Trac Mate timing system should prove an excellent racing arena for the powerful 1/4 mi racers.So stop on by and check it out.Address and phone number are in post above. Race dates will be posted as soon as I recive them .Thank you Poppa Rat

PoppaRat
07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Drag races will be held every third Sat. of the month . Starting on 7/28/07.With special events to be put on by myself, dates will be posted at a later time and classes will be from UDA rules.Will post start times when I recieve them from Ed for Sat races..Ed's Sat races will be the Groove's house rules.

PoppaRat
07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
1/4 mi thunder this Sat. morning at the Groove. Not an 1/8 or shorter or longer. This is an all scale 1/4 mi. So come on out and really see how fast you can be. This will be a bracket event, I'm not the race director for this event. But I will be hosting some SPECIAL events at a later date.Maybe a bracket challenge will be put together down the road. UDA rules and not house rules. Mainly all major races follow this format. I'm looking to bring realism and a format like you would have a National event.This would give some idea what a major event is like. Format will inclued heads up ,class and a bracket event.Soon will be putting together a track record day, so if your an ego racer or not it'll be a chance to hold a track record on a scale 1/4 mi. and bragging rights for awhile. Poppa Rat

PoppaRat
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Track is race ready with drags taking place every 3rd Sat of the month. Dates for upcoming events will be posted soon as I recieve them Poppa Rat

PoppaRat
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Areas only 1/4 track, not for the weak at heart. Fast speed is the name of the game here. Currently running every 3 rd Sat

buzzgok
09-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Are you going to be there on Saturday?

PoppaRat
09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
no nitro truck racing in Newville