PDA

View Full Version : How many tracks do you visit to compete in a race in 1 month that is'nt your Home trk

Just_For_Fun
08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I am trying to determine how many racers are "Traveling Racers". These would be people who go from track to track trying to beat the track regulars.
My impression is that many people travel from track to track and travel more than 50 miles one way.

brownie374
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Home track is 54 miles.

PoppaRat
08-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Just about every weekend I travel to different raceways, for a varitey of different competition. And I have only ever won a couple of races, but the friends and racing time have no price.Closest track is 35 mi., also travel to other states.

Joe S.
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Nearest commercial track which would be considered my home track is 2 hrs from home and 115 miles away. And might I add two states away. Other than that is a 6 lane homemade basement track that is 65 miles away.

mark g
09-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Main reason, there just isn't enough raceways.

this past weekend, we had racers from as far as 450 miles away. I think atleast 1/2 the racers traveled more then 100 miles.

I don't think it's just slots that this go's on though. I race motorcycles(off road) and every event I go to I see and meet racers from all over.Here in Pa at the motorcross races you normally see lots of guys from NJ,as there isn't much if any motorcross racing in NJ.We also get a fair amount from maryland too.

CAVEMAN
09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Over the last three weeks we have seen an incease in racers from farther distances. Most seemed to taking a road trip in at summers end. Some were looking for a new place to race. All commented on the bright comfortable atmosphere and cleanliness of our store. Some purchased cars and made plans to run our classes.

Kit Henry
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I have come and gone on this issue.

When my son was racing around the country in professional karting we would seek out the local tracks when on the road for some relaxation.

As track owners it is sometimes is a drag to travel as part of a series, though necessarry for the sport and the racers.

For me personally I don't enjoy it enough to spend 12 hours to race slot cars for a day, I know for some of you that was a statement that should get me strung up, though it is the truth. I did not enjoy it with my son's racing (karting), did not enjoy it for local asphalt sprint car racing, and don't enjoy it for slot car or R/C racing. About 6 hours is my limit.

My 2 cents, blast away

Kit Henry

Kit Henry
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry it posted twice