PDA

View Full Version : Slot Cars of Katy

Chasegtp1590
08-21-2007, 05:31 PM
So what is the consensus on world records on P.A.'s track now?? YOU voted it as the site of the 2008 NATS, now is it eligible for world records??

;) ;)

:D :D

Zippity
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
World Records or Track Records? :D :D

Sorry Paul........................

Where is Local Racer when I want him? :cool:

ADMERRELL
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Chasegtp1590, You got me with the bug! Allmost ready to hit the monitor. GOOD ONE:D :D :D ADMERRELL

GaryG
08-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Why would getting the NATS change a tracks eligibility for
world records? Everyone can decide for themselves what
they consider to be eligible. If I did a 1.39 on P.A.'s track,
I would consider it a world record!

Chasegtp1590
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Why would getting the NATS change a tracks eligibility for
world records? Everyone can decide for themselves what
they consider to be eligible. If I did a 1.39 on P.A.'s track,
I would consider it a world record!
Thanks for your opinion Gary, and I do foresee a 1.3 on P.A.'s track in the near future. :eek:

86ed once again
08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Just because PA has the Nats doesnt mean it should be elligible for world records. In the 80's and earlier they raced on Hillclimbs, Kings, etc . I doubt all the tracks back then were all the same. If I had my say PA's is elligible.
James Grinstead

Chasegtp1590
08-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Just because PA has the Nats doesnt mean it should be elligible for world records. In the 80's and earlier they raced on Hillclimbs, Kings, etc . I doubt all the tracks back then were all the same. If I had my say PA's is elligible.
James Grinstead
But now with all the speed-crazed morons, do you think the nats would ever be held on anything other than a high-speed king track now-a-days?

GaryG
08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I talk to a lot of racers and the consensus is that tracks
are becoming too fast. But most new King track owners
still want fast tracks since they draw the largest fields
in Division 1 racing. That group of racers love to see new
world records, even if they don't do it themselves.

weedracer
08-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Ugg. I was wondering when this would start.

Of course the track is "eligible" for world records.

Is the track in a basic and recognizable King track configuration? Yes.

Is it 155 feet long? Yes.

The only thing different about this track is the fact that it is extremely banked. So what? Is the current Gerding King in Maryland "extremely" different than the one they had there before? Is it MUCH faster? Is it more banked? Was there any question that records would be legit there? No.

The only trouble I see is that any records that are set there might be very hard to break elsewhere, and this might lead to more tracks being built to that level of extremity.

Evolution happens, like it or not.

The first real killer track that I remember was built by Hasse at Zeppelin, and it was so much more banked, and so much faster than any other track anywhere that it was like a totally new animal, and there was never any question of its qualification for records. All it did was give birth to Steve Ogilvie through the need to keep up.

Milton Gamble
08-22-2007, 04:02 AM
This came up at the NATS meeting. The comment from a well known NATS Champion was "they're all track records".

But this will be in TEXAS and everybody knows "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS". One additonal requirement for record recogition will be that the driver must be over 6' tall. Otherwise you're not considered a man.

From someone who lived down wind from TEXAS for 40 years.

Chasegtp1590
08-22-2007, 07:14 PM
oh, and I am in no way, shape, or form associated with Slot Cars of Katy.

here is the current record board if anyone is interested:
http://slotcarsofkaty.com/IMG_3085a.jpg

courtesy of www.slotcarsofkaty.com

Bent rim
08-24-2007, 08:56 AM
One additonal requirement for record recogition will be that the driver must be over 6' tall. Otherwise you're not considered a man.

I like that!!!!!! Do you think we could get PA to put that on the Nats shirt!;) :D

qtupro
08-28-2007, 04:21 AM
Looking at the records.....they are not any faster then the gerding kings so if it measures I would think it fits they would be records. otherwise all the current kings are not records as it was American Raceways "king " track that is the origianl standard.....lets bring back the King where you had to drive.....

Chasegtp1590
08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Looking at the records.....they are not any faster then the gerding kings so if it measures I would think it fits they would be records. otherwise all the current kings are not records as it was American Raceways "king " track that is the origianl standard.....lets bring back the King where you had to drive.....
You still have to drive on P.A.'s track, atleast on black and purple (good luck).

qtupro
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
was not meant as a bash on PA's track. just more of a look at were we are vrs. where we were and what some of us came from. right now most people have a hard time driving any track. with drivers tracks the same people will be out front and it will equalize it for others because the select parts do not give as big of an edge. If you have to drive any lane then it is GOOD.

Chasegtp1590
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Thats why you don't see many total lap records on his track besides group 7 because black and purple are killers.

qtupro
08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
THIS IS GREAT WE ACTUALLY AGREE FROM DIFERENT SIDES.... CAN'NT WAIT UNTILL NEXT YEAR. WILL BE GOING TO FIRST nATS IN MANY YEARS

Quickerthanu
08-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Whats so hard about purple and black, other then a severe lack of visiblity?

Chasegtp1590
08-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Whats so hard about purple and black, other then a severe lack of visiblity?
The lead-on is tough to manage if you don't glue right and/or don't have the right tires.

THOBART
08-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Black is the killer I hope that the out of town racers can figure this out (I did not last time I was there) so that the locals don't just totally womp on us.

Later
Tony

tnttires
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
The visiblity is not a problem with Black(except the deadman), it is proper gluing. Tony H had a great Car on 7 lanes, but as he said you need to watch certain locals glue and some of them can't get it right either.
Tony
TNT

Quickerthanu
08-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Is the lead on a Stick it Brown kind of lead on or a Koford Heavy? LOL

I'll bring 'em both tho :D

Chasegtp1590
09-03-2007, 07:45 PM
I talked to Shelby at the last TSRA race and he said P.A. is going to have 3 warmup races. 1 in December, 1 in the spring, and 1 a month to a month and a half before the NATS. I'll try to get more information and get it all posted here on OWH.

Slotracer152
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I think I'm dumber for having read this thread.

Quickerthanu
09-04-2007, 12:24 AM
3 Warmups eh?

Well, a December Warm up, to be completely honest, is totally useless. The Weather will be totally different from Nats time, and we all know weather conditions are HUGE.

However, the Spring and Month or so away Warm up are good ones...

I look forward to being there in July/August... I doubt i'll make a warm up, but who knows? ;)

Josh B.

oldweirdherald
09-04-2007, 02:12 AM
I just looked in my OWH Crystal Ball...

and I saw this pic of Ron Herrera.

I believe this is a pic of Ron Herrera at next year's Nats at Katy....

POOPING OUT a 1.3 lap!!!!

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/albums/album61/DSC00027.sized.jpg

Yup... even if it is just a TRACK record... I'm pretty sure he soiled his skivies on that one...

Sorry Ron... I came across this picture while wasting some time reliving the past in the OWH Photo Galleries, then I saw this thread and just couldn't resist. At around 2:00 AM, I officially revert back to 12 years old! :p

tnttires
09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
3 Warmups eh?

Well, a December Warm up, to be completely honest, is totally useless. The Weather will be totally different from Nats time, and we all know weather conditions are HUGE.

However, the Spring and Month or so away Warm up are good ones...

I look forward to being there in July/August... I doubt i'll make a warm up, but who knows? ;)

Josh B.

I bet PA didn't know he needed to clear this with you.
Maybe it is for the people who race locally to try I-15, OMO and Gp-27 which doesn't race it Texas.

Multiracer II
09-04-2007, 12:29 PM
It snows so often in December down in this part of Texas I think it is safer for you to stay home Josh. Get a globe and do some homework son !

TTP

Quickerthanu
09-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Hmmm, Geez Ron, I may not have passed my Meterology Class, but I do know that December and August do vary by ALOT in Texas, along with all the other states!!

So my old man, think before you speak! :p

tnttires
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Only 35 degrees so that is not much.
Dec-70
Aug-105 with 90% Humidity

oldweirdherald
09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Only 35 degrees so that is not much.
Dec-70
Aug-105 with 90% Humidity

Dang.... 70 degrees?

I hope anyone attempting to brave the Texas winter weather for a December warm-up race are properly equipped with goose-down parkas, ski masks, and other foul weather gear. And for heaven's sake - don't forget your Mukluks!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure that PA could certainly accomodate by increasing the banking and the voltage on the track in order to compensate for the change in relative humidity.

Relative Humidity.... hmmm... isn't that what causes the sweat to drip off your sack when you're doin' your cousin????
:confused: :eek:

At least Ron H got a kick out of my previous post... I think some of you are just getting a tad wound up over details - and forgetting the "big picher" (and I aint talkin bout Randy Johnson - "The Big Unit".

Tap tap tap.... is this thing ON???

ADMERRELL
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe PA could crank the air really cold so us northern boys won't go into shock from our cooler climate. :D He does have ice cold air doesn't he? ADMERRELL :eek: :eek:

Chasegtp1590
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Yea, the high was only 82 today, haha!