PDA

View Full Version : USing a Sealed Super 16d

DDDDDDerek
06-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Hey Paul my raceway runs nascars with a sealed Super 16D. All we all can do is change the brushes. Should I change them? Or is there a specific type of brush I can run with these.

GaryH
06-02-2002, 07:15 AM
Not meaning to speak out of turn, at our track we change the brushes to bigfoot II's and use champion red springs and break in the motors under water.

GaryH

DDDDDDerek
06-02-2002, 08:47 AM
Thr rules state that we can change the brushed only, THe springs cannot be changed. When I change the brushed I break them in water.

pbj59
06-03-2002, 08:18 AM
When you break in a motor under water , are you leaving the brushes in? Thats the whole idea right? Does the water affect the brushes? Do you use bottled water or just (treated ) tap water? Soft or hard? Our water is so rusty it would probably grind up everything.
Roy W.

DDDDDDerek
06-03-2002, 01:29 PM
I place in regular tap water. I change thebrushes but I have been hearing that I should keep the old brushes in.

Paul Ciccarello
06-03-2002, 08:53 PM
If you have a motor brush break in tool radius them in a setup that the brush hoods are aligned pretty good so there is no more flat edges. Then stick them in the motor you are going to use and use a couple drops of lighter fluid to break in the brushes at 3 or 4 volts. You can use water but do not use it for too long it will arc up the comm. If you decide to use water only run it for 10 seconds at 3 volts. As long as you have the brushes radiused before hand you shouldn't need to go much more than that.

Paul

DDDDDDerek
06-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Thanks Paul The info is really good.