PDA

View Full Version : IRRA New Rules - New Webiste

Noose
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
The Board of Directors of the IRRA are pleased to present the 2008-2009 Rules. They are effective 9/1/08 through the Summer of 2009. We do not anticipate any changes except for additional approved bodies.

The rules have been compiled through a lot of effort of the board and the advisory panel. Many thanks to all involved and to the many that presented very helpful suggestions. We believe you will find that the changes and new additions are inline (no pun intended) with our organization's mission.

We also would like to take the opportunity to announce that the IRRA now has it's own website. The rules are available there. You can get to it by clicking here:

IRRA Website (http://www.irraslotracing.com)

or by going directly to www.irraslotracing.com

Thanks to all that have developed a love for Retro racing!

Posted on behalf of the IRRA

trailerkeith
08-05-2008, 12:47 PM
I like the site, very official looking and stuff!

Noose
08-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks Keith. We are very proud of it.

Noose
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Just a note folks. There were a few linky problems in the IRRA website and thanks to all who let us know. They should be fixed. If anyone else sees anything please PM me as soon as you can.

kkjva
08-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Noose,

The new IRRA site is very cool! I wonder how Retro cars would run with silicone sponge tires?:D

Be good

Keith

Noose
08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I wanted to thank everyone that communicated to me about the site. Some glitches were noticed depending on the browser being used. They should all be fixed now and the site should be correct in all browsers. If anyone sees anything please report to me here or by PM.

Here is the link again to the site in case you haven't been there.

Noose
08-11-2008, 06:35 AM
8/11/08: The JK Spec rules have been updated. The new version shows a date of 8.11.08 and is Rev 1. The changes are shown in red. There is new wording for the chassis construction and spoilers.

You can go to the IRRA Website to obtain the latest version.

oldnslow
08-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Noose. the new IRRA rules seem like an improvement, good job! to differentiate can-am from GT coupe class, why not make a traditional swing arm mandatory? it may alter the handling characteristics of the GT coupes enough so that they drive and respond differently, even on the same track. of course, it would require racers to have a separate chassis for each class. just a thought....:)

Noose
08-22-2008, 06:19 AM
We'll keep that thought in the mind. We try to have the classes close enough to minimize the costs as much as possible.

Phil I.
08-22-2008, 04:19 PM
:D
Nice site........QUESTION....WHO MAKES THE BACKTRACK CHASSIS JIG?
I must not be looking in the right place:o ........

PHIL I

Bill Fulmer
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
:D
Nice site........QUESTION....WHO MAKES THE BACKTRACK CHASSIS JIG?
I must not be looking in the right place:o ........

PHIL I

Mike Swiss,Chicagoland Raceway.

Bill from NH
08-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Mike Swiss may sell them but he doesn't make them.:D The guy who does, usually has one on ebay too.:)

Phil I.
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
;)
I want to go threw my track if they sell to a dist. like Eagle or Crawley. If not then I'll do the Chicagoland or e puck.

PHIL I.

Noose
08-25-2008, 09:18 AM
The new IRRA Retro Anglewinder rules are now published and can be obtained from the IRRA Website. (http://irraslotracing.com/id22.html)

CMF3
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Love the new site; congrats deserved all around. Also, thanks for leaving the build possibilities pretty open on the (oxymoronic sounding) new retro anglewinder class.

For what it's worth: it was posted on my "1107" chassis thread that the wire outside the front wheels was not legal (actually, I've already modified this, but haven't re-posted...), the "no visual obstruction of the front wheel when viewed from the side" thing. Still don't see this in the latest rules; oversight? If not, let me know, quick, so I can stop cutting the wires out!:eek:

Rick

Noose
08-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Same rules apply. Keep cutting. :D