Port Jeff Raceway
1075 Portion Rd Suite 20
Farmingville, NY. 11738
631-696-7721
portjeffraceway@hotmail.com
www.portjeffraceway.com

The 19th Annual "Barnburner"
February 6 - 8, 2009

Hey everyone its our favorite time of the year. I of course will be bringing you the "Almost Live" Coverage of the Barnburner.

The Schedule goes as Follow:

Friday February 6th, 2009:

One Motor Opens - Tech opens at 5:00pm
Cobalt 12 to Follow

Saturday February 7th, 2009:

Amateur Group 12
Pro Group 12
Amateur International 15's
Pro International 15's

Sunday February 8th, 2009:

Group 27's
Group "F" Ultimate TQ Showdown
Opens

We also have the Webcam set-up for all you people. Here is the link http://www.portjeffraceway.com/webcam.html

qtupro
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
THANK YOU Derek...........

daisyslots
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
When will the Group F showdown go off? I read before the open but which fri. or sun.?

swiss
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
The visual feed is very cool.
So far, it's real smooth.
I've seen others that are pretty choppy.
BTW, is it true it's affected by how many people are viewing it?

I especially like the monitor feed.
IMHO, it's more important than the track shot.

Good luck to all this weekend.

swiss
02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
If someone could please tell Beuf, if I didn't just get married
I could really go for him.:)

DDDDDDerek
02-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Friday February 9th, 2009 - One Motor Opens

(19 Entries)

I will be posting Results of Each Main and Keep a Progressive results chart at the Bottom

No Qualifying, Fastest Time in race will recieve TQ

Line-up for C-Main:
Red - Les Wright
White -
Green - Beuf
Orange - Zdenek
Blue - Erkle
Yellow - JD
Purple - Reggie
Black - Filipe

Results of the C-Main:

1) Beuf - 952
2) Filipe - 934
3) JD - 888
4) Reggie - 807
5) Zdenek - 677
6) Erkle - 485
7) Les Wright - 405

Line-up for the B-Main:

Red - Brad
White - Jimbo
Green - Boyt
Orange -
Blue -
Yellow - Scott
Purple - Spove
Black - Gugu

Results of the B-Main:

1) Boyt - 955
2) Brad - 922
3) Spove - 886
4) Scott - 824
5) Jimbo - 651
6) Gugu - 270

Line-up for the A-Main:

Red - Paul K
White -
Green - Skinner
Orange - Phil
Blue -
Yellow - Edsel
Purple - Hercules
Black - Jeff Jones

Results of the A-Main:

1) Edsel - 881
2) Hercules - 807
3) Phil - 717
4) Jeff Jones - 423
5) Skinner - 310
6) Paul - 298

TQ - Beuf 1.829

Race Results

1) Boyt - 955
2) Beuf - 952
3) Filipe - 934
4) Brad - 922
5) JD - 888
6) Spove - 886
7) Edsel - 881
8) Scott - 824
9) Reggie - 807+
10) Hercules - 807
11) Phil - 717
12) Zdenek - 677
13) Jimbo - 651
14) Erkle - 485
15) Jeff Jones - 423
16) Les Wright - 405
17) Skinner - 310
18) Paul K - 298
19) Gugu - 270

Chubby
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
webcam is screwed...lol

Firerescue127
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
no kidding. I catch about 10 sec of audio every 1-2 min and basically a snapshot pic about every 3. I've tried it on three different computers with three different connections and I get the same with them all. Kinda sucks, I was amped cause I was watching last night and it ran flawlessly. Glad I'm not the only one having problems, for a while I thought I was just a a-hole that couldn't get it right.

Rodrigo
02-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Upload from the Web Cam it is saturated a lot people trying to download the video streaming at the same time Doug would need a really big internet circuit to handle all of us connecting to his camera at the same time.

It was good on the afternoon i could even heard what song Beuf was listen on his pit. now i can get a 3s sound from the cars only and the laptimer every other minute.

New York Nick
02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I could not get it to work, story of my life.

Tire Killer
02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
You are exactly right Rodrigo .......... same here in Virginia Beach ......... :-\

oldweirdherald
02-06-2009, 07:28 PM
It's all about bandwidth...

I guess that's what Tony Hobart & Mike Delmonico were always warning me about when we discussed OWH having "live" webcam feed at the Nats.

Everybody figured that if they could chat with their buddies on Yahoo or with their live webcam girls on their favorite webcam girl web site, then why not on OWH???

I was very amazed with how good the feed was last night - when it was probably just Zippity & I watching Brad and a few other die hard late night thrashers... but now it's very choppy and freezing constantly.... still it's pretty darned cool - especially being able to not only hear the announcer but also see the lap counter!

So... if everyone would just take turns logging on, or all the rest of you geeks just go back to your webcam girls... then I could watch the race! On second thought.... you guys watch the race - I'll go back to the webcam girls, and check back later to watch the late night thrashers... :p

Nice job Doug & crew.... but I have to admit I still feel a bit like I've been replaced... :( The webcam is nice, but still not as fun as actually being there. Kinda hard to replace the camaraderie, fun, & competition of being there with friends. Also hard to go out for a beer after the race with the gang...

Hey! how about a podcast??? LOL :D

PK @ OWH

Zippity
02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks Paul :( Blame me for flogging all the bandwidth :D

Where is Joe SSS?

What is his excuse for not being there? :(

Bent rim
02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
This is bOkeifus.

I'm trying my best over here to get everyone on and experience this. :(

I haven't had much time to update the webcam page for you since the North East Nats. Hopefully we can get through the Barn Burner the best we can.

We are in the lab working on ways to make this all better for the Nats. By the Nats, we should all be satisfied with the webcam. :eek:

Sorry for the people who cannot seem to get on!

AND BTW, THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T COME TO THE NATS CAUSE YOU CAN WATCH IT ON YOUR COUCH!!! :mad: THIS IS FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO WATCH YOU RACE!! LOL :p

Firerescue127
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
While I don't race wing cars, I would LOVE to attend a nats race just to observe. I am working out plans to come to the nats right now. (listening to your audio while checking out hotels)

GaryG
02-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Doug........fix the checkerboard skirting that is supposed to be attached to the big bank. Otherwise, everything is looking good!

Zippity
02-07-2009, 02:09 AM
4.09am EST and there is still life at the Raceway :)

Some of you guys are keen :D :D

GaryG
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
For me the track view is very slow and the monitor nonexistent. Is that
what everyone else is seeing? BTW, what the heck are today's results?

oldweirdherald
02-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Be patient gang...

Besides doing the "Almost Live" coverage for all of us who couldn't be there... DDDDDDerek gets to race too!

And besides racing, he also helps his teammates with pitting, track cleaning, and turn marshals when needed too!

I'm sure whoever is race directing is keeping a stack of the race results nearthe computer, ready for DDDDDerek to post as soon as he has time.

Besides.... it's probably my fault the AM results weren't posted yet. When I got to the shop - the server was down...

Back up and running now!

PK

GaryG
02-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Who won Pro Gr.27 and what was the lap total? When does Gr.7 qualifying begin? Actually, I would like to know the winners and lap totals of all of the races thus far. Only OMO has been posted!

GaryG
02-08-2009, 02:00 PM
This is getting boring.......maybe a coupkle of guys could stage a fight to
make it more interesting for the viewers. Where's Benny when you need him?

Jeff Bechtel
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
For those of us that got some sleep last night and Friday night and could not stay up all night to watch the races "Live", could you please post the results for every class that has been run since the One Motor Open race?

qtupro
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Not to beat this horse untill dead but......please do not say almost live when it's not. We would be more appresative ( <--insert spell check) and not all over you for results that way. I unfortunately could not go work sucks but I know that that is the only way to get results fast just do not say almost live please

DDDDDDerek
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry guys. When I tried to post the results the board was down and I spent most of Saturday with a bad virus that has kept me in bed today.

Im sure Doug will have full results posted by monday or tuesday but I will be doing the coverage alot better for the nats. Also we are looking into improving web traffic for the webcam.

Zippity
02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Hang in there Kiddo - just tell the moaners to FO :D :D

hesketh
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Would people be willing to pay a fee for connection to a video feed that covers the racing? Providing sufficient bandwidth for free to have seamless streaming video is probably too much to expect. If a method exists to pay for the bandwidth needed to show the nats and the warmups in good quality video it should be considered. First pay per view then maybe later sponsorship to help defray the cost. Just a thought.

Firerescue127
02-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I would be willing to pay a fee for access, but the issue would be figuring out exactly how many people can view the feed while maintaining a good flow. Should be easier than me driving roughly 13 hrs. and paying god knows what for gas in the summer months just to come and watch, although I probably will anyway.

AndyWasserman
02-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Guys...especially DDDDDDDDDerek..

Check this out,

it would solve the problem and it's free. What is needed is a service to host the streaming so it doesn't gobble up all of Doug's bandwidth when more than 3 people log in! Best of all, this one (as well as many others) is free!

http://www.camstreams.com/

Try it out, DDDDDDDDDDerek...

Andy Wasserman

Multiracer II
02-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Just to have some results posted would satisfy a few of the non participants.
Including me !

TTP

hesketh
02-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, the key word there Ron is non-participants. Because of big turnouts, late programs, Derek being sick, something had to give and the non paying - non participants is that something. Doug started with the best of intentions, he tried FREE video feeds, which were too successful and the bandwidth demands of people trying to watch were greater then he had paid for. He wanted to provide fast results but Derek his utility infielder got sick. Jason is working, Keith was at the track working the counter, Erkle and Doug are pitting 10 cars a race. So for his efforts he gets guys who sat at home complaining about the slow feed and where are the results. To which you can guess the appropriate response, ( Gary is this better?)

AndyWasserman
02-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I need a new cup-rest in my arm chair when I watch the race on my 400 inch tv!

Stuart Koford
02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
For those wondering what happened I received an e mail from Brad Friesner.

He won Box with a NWR 562 laps, also semi with 375. "Ran M530D, Can, Endbell, G7WX tires (wish I ran WXX, but didn't have the guts) axle, ARMS, spoiler, guide, etc"

Beuf won G7 with 1210, Brad was second with 1191. Brad had the lead after 4 but got into some wrecks. "Ran M531D, Peugeot, 3- 24m 84- L blank, pinned pinion, red dot gear, axle, gears, G7WX on the gutters, G7WXX down the middle (SO FAST!) etc...."

That is all I have so far.

Multiracer II
02-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I just knew in the New York style and accent..... "You should have been there" was going to appear, and it just did. My guess is Doug was keeping his tongue so as not to alienate the non participants. I could care less about the "feed". But some simple cryptic words on this blog would have done wonders. One thing you may or may not be thinking about is most of the non participants are just that not by choice but by the economic conditions surrounding us daily. If you would pay attention to the whole slot car world you would notice the lack of participation is not just on Long Island. Thanks for the advice.... but now it will be quite some time before I could ever return back to NY.

qtupro
02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I did not mean to offend anyone and again thank you for the results so far . Thank you Derrickkkk for your current and past efforts. Hope your feeling better soon. Just to have someone say in a 1 or 2 line responce that things are tough right now would have helped. I will be there for the Nats and if Doug and his help need a hand with things I will be more thanhappy to help.
Kurt

New York Nick
02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Well paul if I could have been there I would have.
Thanks Derrick for all your hard work hope you feel better.
Stuart what body did Brad use in Box, and what happen to Joe SSS?

hesketh
02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
It's not about not showing up, it's about whining that results aren't posted when you want them when you don't show. Doug always posts results and I am sure he will this time as well. So be patient, and if you can't be patient go back and reread my earlier post.

Bent rim
02-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I didn't even realize that DDDerek was not feeling well til 3am Saturday night and also didn't find out about the Almost Live coverage not being posted until Monday. Yesterday Matt, Larry P, Keith and I put all the tracks back in and they are all up and running. All of this with little sleep. Sometime tonight I will get the results posted.
Our schedule for the next warm up race is going to be posted soon also. Expect Big Changes!!!!!!

GaryG
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
if you can't be patient go back and reread my earlier post.[/QUOTE]

Comments like this could reduce Doug's NATS participation. Even if he thought it, he was smarter than you to NOT say it! Would you prefer that no one give a sh!t about the race results?

qtupro
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
ThankYou Doug.
go get some sleep .You deserve it. By the way when it was working for me the WEB Cam was way cool.

hesketh
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Why should my comments affect Nats participation, I am not now nor was I speaking for Doug, that was my own opinion. So let me see it's OK to complain about the results not being posted but it's not OK to complain about the impatience of the people complaining, nice double standard Gary.

GaryG
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I have no problem with what you meant, but I have a huge problem with how you said it!

hesketh
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Maybe I am more pointed in my comments then you, fair enough, I will even remove the offending words, but it doesn't change the point. It is more offensive to sit back and complain because you are impatient and can't understand why your needs aren't being addressed without considering that maybe you are the one being unreasonable. Doug puts on a great race, always, he goes the extra mile for racers and non-particpants (again who else has even tried to put on steaming video), and then when there are honest glitches, we get whining and complaining like he is intensionally trying to deprive someone of something they are entitled to. I find it very annoying.

GaryG
02-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Doug created high expectations before this event for the internet viewers. Is it unreasonable to ask why it did not happen as promised? We are reasonable people and can accept that sh!t happens. A simple explaination
as you gave was suffiecent. The "öffending words" were exactly that!

weedracer
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow...enough already.

This B.S. is threatening to overshadow what was clearly a great event.

"Is it unreasonable to ask why it did not happen as promised?"

I'm not sure that "unreasonable" is the right word, but let's try inconsiderate.

We all know Doug and the consistently great effort he and his crew put into these events.

Instead of assuming that everyone is goofing off and not delivering what you feel you were promised, why not assume that something went wrong...that something got in the way and that the results will appear when possible or convenient?

Hey...that's what happened..Derek got sick and everyone else was too busy putting their place of business back together to post the results.

In about 5 minutes some nimrod will be pounding the keyboard and asking where the pictures are.

Let everyone catch their breath..then the results will be posted and you can resume talking about why the sport is either dead or dying.

Sheesh.

Firerescue127
02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
So.........how bout those pics? :D :D
Sorry I couldn't resist.
nimrod out

Mr Tim
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I didn't even realize that DDDerek was not feeling well til 3am Saturday night and also didn't find out about the Almost Live coverage not being posted until Monday. Yesterday Matt, Larry P, Keith and I put all the tracks back in and they are all up and running. All of this with little sleep.

That's gotta be the most reasonable explanation you could expect. Doug's a committed guy, and he wouldn't let us down if he could avoid it. Clearly, he couldn't avoid it! Give him a break, for Chrissake.

HurricaneLarry
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow...enough already.

This B.S. is threatening to overshadow what was clearly a great event.

"Is it unreasonable to ask why it did not happen as promised?"

I'm not sure that "unreasonable" is the right word, but let's try inconsiderate.

We all know Doug and the consistently great effort he and his crew put into these events.

Instead of assuming that everyone is goofing off and not delivering what you feel you were promised, why not assume that something went wrong...that something got in the way and that the results will appear when possible or convenient?

Hey...that's what happened..Derek got sick and everyone else was too busy putting their place of business back together to post the results.

In about 5 minutes some nimrod will be pounding the keyboard and asking where the pictures are.

Let everyone catch their breath..then the results will be posted and you can resume talking about why the sport is either dead or dying.

Sheesh.

Almost Live Coverage

Rodrigo
02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Well said Larry it is on the Subject of this thread when you do search :-)
BTW camera was really cool Doug Congrats the bandwidth issue I would give a try to the company Andy shared in his post.

For those sitting really far like Brazil and rest of the World appreciate the camera.

We will definally copy for the Worlds in Brazil. Btw I will speak with GUGU about when his back next week and we will shoot you an email soon.

Regards

Dave Fugate
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Ok so where are the damn pictures :)

Sorry Weed I couldn't resist!!!!!!! :)

Bent rim
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
The Webcam never went down or crashed on our end. It seems that if more then 50 or 60 people logged on it would it would dump certain people off. Some people got to see the whole thing with out interuption or clitches. We were monitoring it at the raceway and it worked just fine.
We have gone through a lot of $ and time to perfect this but now my bandwidth isn't big enough. (story of my life):rolleyes:
We will try and see what Andy and the rest of my computer geeks can come up with, without breaking the bank. Pay per view is interesting, lets see if we can find a sponsor.

swiss
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
with out interuption or clitches
Doug,
On the bright side, you invented a terrific new word.:)

Milton Gamble
02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I only want to see a picture of Lil Brian getting his trophy. I'm sure his win will be one of the most popular ever.

Thanks,
Unclemilti

Bent rim
02-11-2009, 07:32 AM
"Clitches"???:confused: Even better, I used it in a sentence;) :D I am still working on waking up.

Milton Brian loves his hat and bag. Thanks