PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!What is the usra power rule for sanc. events?

mark g
01-15-2003, 08:27 AM
I would like to know what the power rule is or if there is a power rule.Consistantly running on low power need help!

Jeff Bechtel
01-15-2003, 10:11 AM
The Official USRA power is 14.0 volts to race and 16.0 volts to qualify. These are maximums. Scale division qualifies at race power.

mark g
01-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Do you think it might be a good idea to instate a min. power rule.running a usra event on 12.5.

Jeff Bechtel
01-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Usually the racers will let the track owner know when he has the voltage too low. If the voltage is a low as you are indicating, then the batteries are pretty well shot. What most people do not realize is that any and all batteries must be charged from time to time. Most think that if they have a power supply hooked to the batteries, everthing is ok. Nothing could be further from the truth. First of all, a power supply does not CHARGE a battery. It is, just as it says, a power supply. Not a charger.

mark g
01-15-2003, 08:43 PM
I would like to think that all racers and tracks would be willing to work togather but sadly this is not so.This is where the rules come into play. It only makes sence that we all run on same or close to the same power.If a racer runs on low power regularly and shows up to the nats and runs on full power what do you think will happen to this racer? I'm pretty sure that racer will get smoked more than likely. I only think it fare if we have max rule there sould be min.rule . After all isn't spring what its all about.Race all year to get ready for the NATS. Where do I go from here? thanks for your time!

Bent rim
01-16-2003, 08:22 AM
If you really want to get ready for the nats, you have to attend a couple of warmup races. There are other factors, then the power you have to get ready for. What chassis, body, tires,ect. I know that Roman is not making it easy, by having Helen Keller pick his warmup dates:eek: But he is trying;)

As to whether the USRA can get all the track owners on the same page, they can't even get the GP12 guys to agree on anything. :p The USRA only sanctions two races a year. The Division I and Division II Nats!

RomanK
01-16-2003, 10:33 AM
I like the way you threw that dig in....you're pretty darn good at that stuff. Anyway., we're trying and doing the best we can on Warm-ups thanks for that thought anyway;)

I believe that Marks concerns are more Div-II related and as such would like to see all track owners on the same page power wise.

You and I have been around long enough to know, that will never happen. The USRA or most any other organization doubtfully would ever have the pull to make a track owner do anything other than what they are doing. Those owners that wish to attract larger USRA type events play along with the power game, others don't feel the need to, so don't.

Bottom line is, as you mentioned, preparing for the Nats means racing on the Nats track be it Div-I or Div-II.

Mark, should you want to persue a USRA rule change regarding power, submitting a proposal to the Div-I or Div-II director starts the process. Keep in mind though, if a rule change you submit is accepted, voted on and passes, it only affects the Div-I and Div-II Nats race.

One additional point, sadly, very few of the small number of racers that race week to week attend the Nats. For most, this is a hobby that one participates in locally, maybe weekly, maybe monthly with little or no concern over attending a National Event.

For others, such as yourself, the Nats race is the driving factor, that is a good thing yet puts you in a position of having to travel to the Nats facility in order to get prepared correctly. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

mark g
01-16-2003, 03:16 PM
I fully understand both of your points. I just think it would be nice if we could get a semi consistant power to the cars.If we are not sanctioned why are these races called usra events and why did I pay for a membership? Maybe time for old dogs to learn new tricks! As far as track owners that don't want to comply then we sould not race at said track. Disorganization is why we are where we are.

Roman a series that races in four states is hardly local!!
I don't understand why you like trying to slam me and our raceway so much but I am only looking to make things better for all.I would think you would be happy to see a new track with tri oval , oval racing brings more new racers in than any other tracks.
If you don't believe me come see for your self. av.2 new racers a week here and bringing one to mid-atlantic race this weekend.I know you do not like some of the people i am friends with but I am not them!

RomanK
01-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Once again I feel like we are speaking different laguages.

Nothing that I posted was intended as a "slam", was directed at your raceway, or friends. I posted facts that you will be able to confirm when you attend the Nats this spring.

Discussing this on this forum probably has no redeeming value for the majority of its participants so once again:

please e-mail me at rkormeluk@aol.com leave a phone # if you like and we can continue this topic.

Bent rim
01-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Mark, I reread Romans post and he never said anything, that was a put down to you or your friends. I think maybe you two, need to talk.:confused:

mark g
01-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Not on this tread but he sure likes to poke fun at ovals the barn we are currently in and that my driving skills aren't the best. I sorry he does not agree with me but thats why we live in the U.S.A .So I can speak my mind and I can operate A nice race facility In A barn and on a oval. I have told roman that i'm not looking to fight with anyone ! He does not like me because well I don't even know why but I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have thoughts and share them with who ever I want.I only want to race slotcars promote our bis. and hopefully help create a more even playing feild for all I hope you can understand where i'm comming from.

Bent rim
01-18-2003, 09:55 AM
I have not seen the post's you are refering too. However I do know Roman for many years and poking fun is just part of his charm. Come to think of it, thats the only charm he has!;) Even so, he is never mean spirited! I don't think, he really has a problem with you. He always promotes all kinds of slot racing, I can't believe, he would truely have a problem with the barn and the oval.
How Roman knew when my wife's birthday, my anniversary and all the other family functions in my life and then setup warmup races to coincide with them, is still a mystery to me! However he needs to give LAMO every chance he can. Even without the benifits of the warmup races, we are going to give LAMO a run for his money. COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

brian eardley
01-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh I am shaking in fear!!!!! The horror, the horror!:D :D :D

RomanK
01-18-2003, 07:22 PM
I hear that the RGT's are coming for ya.....and this time they say "you can count on it":eek:

Shoot man, I was counting on it at BP...even though I was pitting you....my money was on the RGT's....man did they ever let me down:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yo Dougie...you forgot to mention my boyish charm and rugged good looks along with my philanthropic attitude towards slots

And I really don't have a problem with the barn, nor do I give a hoot 'bout an oval....comment wasn't even meant for him...I as talking to his arch rival Bobby D, hell, I didn't even know his track was in a barn till he said something but now that I know.....How about this Doug...you have this race called the BarnBurner...don't you?? see where I'm going here;)

To all who might interpret this as negative....look, I'm smiling:D

mark g
01-18-2003, 08:23 PM
the product I e-mailed you about works awsome on the track at mimi's!!! check them out and let me know.:cool:

mark g
01-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Thack you for giving matt his power supplies back the thack there was awsome to day.Won gt1 and gtp didn't run nascar but it looked like eveyone was having fun.