PDA

View Full Version : GRRR Race #4 - The Viper Pit, Thomasville, Georia - "A Very Memorable Weekend"

fl_slotter
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM
This whole GRRR racing program is coming along so nicely. Mostly because of your support for our racing program. TonyP and I would like to thank each and every one of you that is helping make GRRR racing a very fun activity.

At our inaugural race in January of this year, we had 25 racers come and race at The Viper Pit in Thomasville, GA. I was almost overwhelmed by the turnout.

We have gotten Retro Racing, GRRR style up and running at ASR IndoorMotorSports in Longwood, FL. (Tony likes having a King track less then ten miles from his home - now if I could just talk the owner into putting in a cigar lounge...)

So, what's up next for GRRR #4? Simple, we're going to do a two-day event at The Viper Pit. The event is being held over Memorial Day Weekend. Almost everyone has Monday, May 31 off, so Saturday and Sunday is going to be racing and more racing.

Here's the plan:

Friday, May 28, evening is 'practice time' for everyone at the event.

Saturday, May 29, in the morning we're going to run Can-Am on the King as the first race. Then we'll run GT Coupe on the Engleman. After that is complete, the Flexi GT cars will come out for a race on the orange or Engleman. (I know Aaron Scott is updating his computer and software on the orange and once we verify all is good, I'd like to run this race on that very fast orange track of his.)

On Sunday, May 30, the Indy 500 is being raced, so we will run our own version of the "Indy 500". I will change the "ON" time for the A Main only to 6 minutes, rather then 3. At the last Formula 1 race in January, Jay Guard had 249 laps with 3 minutes on. I'd like to see our winner have close to or 500 laps at the end of the race. The other Mains will be run at the typical 3 minutes on, 2 minutes off that IRRA(tm) recommends.

Then we move to hopefully the orange with Retro Stock Cars! Up in Charlotte, they're running the Sprint Cup "Coca-Cola 600" that evening. So why not have slot car racing at the same time! Yes, we will also run 6 minute "ON" times as I would like to see us have 600 laps on the counter for the winner!

So you get to race Can-Am, GT Coupe, Flexi GT, Formula 1, and Retro Stock Car all on the same weekend!

The Viper Pit will also be holding its Grand Opening celebration that weekend. I've been told that it's going to be "Cookout Day" and there will be free food and drinks for all on Saturday.

Mark your calenders, reserve your rooms, and let's come out and have a whole lot of fun and celebrate a great weekend with lots of slot car racing with all of our friends!

I hope to see lots of you there!

BTW, I've already ordered "Participation" plaques for everyone. If you don't win one of the Top Qualifier, Best Appearing, Most Realistic or 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place plaques for any of the five categories that are being raced, you will still have something to take home to let everyone know you were there!

Remember, mark your calendars for May 29 and May 30 at The Viper Pit in Thomasville, GA, for a great weekend of slot car racing!!