PDA

View Full Version : 1/24 Richard Mack F1/Indy Chassis

Frank S
12-15-2010, 05:03 PM
This is a sweet chassis from Mack. Easy to build(instructions included) with incredible proformance!! I have a Falcon in mine,but C can motors are really a kick in this chassis. $59.95 Plus shipping

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/slotcarraceway/012.jpg

Frank S
12-15-2010, 05:05 PM
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/slotcarraceway/011-1.jpg

GearBear
12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Man I wish we ran this class! When I got back into racing in 98 at SHS they ran a similar class of car (the old JK JRL spring steel chassis no longer in production). We used Strap 12 motors in them and geared them 6/39 in 64p. They were my favorite class to run. The cars had more HP than they could use so the racing was ALL about the driving. We always finished very close in every race. Usually finishing within feet at the end of the race. Most of us used a choke to smooth out the car.

If I thought we were going to start running this class I would buy your chassis in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, no one understands how much fun having more power than you can use is for racing anymore. All they want is to make the racing into HP wars. Even in Euro it is mostly about the HP you have and how well you can avoid the wrecks.

Slapshot
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Gary:
You should snag the chassis anyways. Talk about your idea to Mike at FunTime in Gig Harbour, he's been wanting to run that exact class on the Hillclimb but with maybe c-can G12 or g10 motors like the old IRL class. We just need some more racers. Craig, others showed interest and he likes the idea (so do I). He's been running flexi JK falcon indy weekly but wants more oomph!.
Raymond

fastg
12-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I just built one of these, great little kit. I spent a couple of hours making sure everything clipped together well before I got the soldering iron out. The final build took about an hour. It came out flat and with great movement. It a very well thought out chassis. I cannot wait for our monthly race to try it out for real.

Graham

GearBear
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Graham,

Make sure you set it up with independent front tires. It will make a huge difference.

Raymond,

I already have two indy cars from my days at SHS that still have strap 12's in them. Plus I'm currently building some IRRA Retro F1's to see if we can run them once a month some where. Believe me, I'm still thinking about this one. ;)

Frank S
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Just to let ya know...I have 3 left,thanks!