PDA

View Full Version : Scale Division rule clarifications

LoudCat
03-28-2003, 01:42 AM
1- Only single or quad magnets can be used in C12E.

Reason: C12E is defined as an amateur class. As such, the amateur C12 motor rules apply.

2- Only 48 or 64 pitch gears may be used in 4 and 4.5 stock car

Reason: The 2003 rule book is vague when it says “64 pitch gears are allowed”. The proposal which passed last year was to allow 64 pitch gears in addition to 48 pitch gears. Therefore, 72 and 80 pitch gears will not be allowed in the am or exp 4 inch or 4.5 inch stock car classes.

More rule clarifications will be published in the coming days.

- Roy Hood
Scale division tech director

multiracer
03-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Roy,
I do not see a minimum tire diameter spec. in group 10 either??
Ron

LoudCat
03-28-2003, 12:20 PM
RVW,

You are correct. The Gp10 rear tire rule of .750 minimum diameter has been missing from the rule book for a couple of years.

I will add this to the correction sheet. The corrections sheet will be put online this evening. I will post a link to it here on OWH.

Thanks for pointing this out,
Roy

John Emmons
03-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Roy,

While you're adding things to the corrections sheet, you might want to check the specs on GT12 motors. I've heard that they imply that you can epoxy the magnets, use hones, etc. as they simply refer the reader to the GRP-12 rules.

And for your peace of mind, the tools are coming, I promise. Greg saw some of them last night at Kal's.

John Emmons

LoudCat
03-28-2003, 02:47 PM
John,

Yes, this is confusing as we now have three kinds of rules for the C can motors.

The nutshell answer is that the scale division C can motor rules are the same as amateur Gp12 except the scale division allows approved parts from different manufacturers to be mixed.

In a very limited situation, (Kelly magnet in Kelly C can) honing has been and still is allowed for C cans in the scale division and amateur Gp12. This has not changed. See rule 10 F on page 29 of 2003 book. The scale division did not change the rule regarding what can/magnet combinations can be honed.

- Roy

brian444
03-28-2003, 10:04 PM
i do not have a rule book, can i run 72 pitch gears in gtp or gt-1? for amatuer if there is a difference between am and pro.

LoudCat
03-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Brian,

Yes you can run 72p gears in GT1 and GTP.

The two stock car classes, Group 10 and 4 1/2, are the only ones that have a gear pitch restriction. Other than the hand out motor, the technical rules are all the same for amateur and expert.

- Roy