PDA

View Full Version : Any news on raceway directory updates?

Muzbnuts
03-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Just wondering as to plans/schedule on the raceway directory being user-updatable/working again. I don't know about the accuracy of any other regions, but the current listed raceways for the state of Missouri are 100% closed, & none of the existing places in Missouri are listed. :unsure: Steve Gerbig... Slot-Car Central... 1030 Rowan road, Osage Beach, MO. 573-302-4555 Racing "common-sense rules" LMP on Friday nites @ 6:00pm

PCHPartsExpress
03-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Steve,

Have you started to get some people on your new track to try it out?

Muzbnuts
03-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey Scott(?) Nice to hear from you, YUP!!! It's a Verified, Bonified, Vilified, semi-regulated, inescapable Success.... Who`da thunk that something as simple as adding a little S-curve in a back-straight would put so MUCH of an added dimension to the racing. There's just NO "stone-cold-guarantee" as to WHICH car comes out on top IF you BOTH refuse to give an inch blasting into it, sometimes NEITHER car is affected, sometimes BOTH, but its a REAL blast to drive for only being 116' .... EVERYONE that's driven it loves the layout, & As to the fit-n-finish, well, It's a Chris Dadd's product, so that says it all on THAT subject. We're getting some serious skidmarks laid down, so traction has come online, & surprise! the OUTSIDE lanes are EVERY bit as quik as the middle ones. We went from 4 guys the first night, to 8 the next week, & the phone is RINGING... getting 2 more starter-kits ready. Having a "Pit-r-Yurself" enduro this Friday, what a kick watchin these ol-fart guys "Trot-at-warp-speed" to pit their own cars.. (& I'm one of `em). LOL....Once we get a few more guys, we'll go to a regular racing format...Time to place yet another parts order...It's just SUCH a great time, I didn't realize just how lethargic it had gotten around here without slotcars, as this is a 6-month a year summer-time tourist-town, & the off-months can be Especially grueling boredom-wise. Hope all is well up there in the great Northwest, (oooooops...thought you were in northern Cali. OK, make that the "great southwest") TTYL.... Steve

PCHPartsExpress
03-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Good to hear.

Scott
Oxnard CA (southern California)

MrkCrwly
03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Just wondering as to plans/schedule on the raceway directory being user-updatable/working again. I don't know about the accuracy of any other regions, but the current listed raceways for the state of Missouri are 100% closed, & none of the existing places in Missouri are listed. :unsure: Steve Gerbig... Slot-Car Central... 1030 Rowan road, Osage Beach, MO. 573-302-4555 Racing "common-sense rules" LMP on Friday nites @ 6:00pm

Search engine for the directories might not be working correctly. When I put in my zip 64057 and 100 miles, Raytown International Raceway shows up which is where I race. If I put in MO or Missouri under state. Raytown is not listed.
Mark

oldweirdherald
03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Search engine for the directories might not be working correctly. When I put in my zip 64057 and 100 miles, Raytown International Raceway shows up which is where I race. If I put in MO or Missouri under state. Raytown is not listed.
Mark

As with most programs... it works, as long as you give it the information in the format it needs... :p

The best way to find something is by Zip Code.

If you only put the state and then 100 miles - you will not always get the same result, because the state is bigger then 100 miles... so depending on where it measures from in the state, it might not show up.

Best bet is always to use the zip code when searching. If you don't know the zip code, then just expand your search range to 500 miles.

I really need to figure out how to add a 250 mile range option, and get rid of the 1, 5, and 10 mile options. :rolleyes:

I got the updates on adding Slot Car Central and marking Supersonic as closed... but somehow I missed posting them on the "to-do" list for updates.
Crap... my friend/helper Karen was just here yesterday and she did a bunch or updates to the raceway directory, but I must have missed forwarding those to her.
We try to do them in batches when she can come over to help, because she's a wiz at that stuff. :)
I'll get those updated hopefully in the next couple days.

Paul K @ OWH

jimclark
05-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Can someone please post a link to said directory?:whistling: Please...:(

:):):)

oldweirdherald
05-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow - I moved the link buttons on the right side bar down a bit... and all the sudden I have at least two people who can't find the link!

Be sure your raceway or club track is listed - and if not please submit your info!

I have my good friend Karen here helping me with raceway updates, etc., so now is a great time to get her busy helping with updates!

Check for the button on the right side bar from the forum main page - but I'll post the links again here...

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/images/owh_raceway_dir_logo_250.gif
(http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory)

Be sure to submit all your updated raceway info to the OWH Slot Car Raceway Directory (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory)!

For clubs and private track locations - you can simply leave out the street address if desired,
but you must include the city, state, & zip code so it is searchable!

Be sure to leave the club web site and/or Facebook Page URL as well as email contact info
- so new racers in your area can get in touch and join the fun!

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/images/owh_raceway_dir_logo_125.gif (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory) <----- (click on the button or HERE (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory))

Just click on the "Add a Raceway" (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory/add-a-raceway) link and fill in the handy-dandy form to submit all your info.

I'll be sure to get it added to the Slot Car Raceway Directory (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory) ASAP!

Paul K @ OWH

jimclark
05-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Sorry, I just found it this am whilst watching Monaco. This is only my third time here and hadn't perused the site as yet.

I posted previously that I raced slots back in the 60s, starting with Pitmans, then 16Ds; inline Formula cars thru side winding sportscars. 'Was a fair scratch builder and rewinder ('til 'couldn't compete with the likes of Mura) for a 12-15 y.o. kid (ended during the "plumber" era), busting into the "pro" mains a few times having won "A" mains. 'Finished second in one once where I could have won 'cept 'lost a weight :eek: from my pickup arm, handling went off, and lost my edge on the leader I was closing on.... :(

Muzbnuts
06-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I've TRIED to help update the track-locater guide, but the Farther I get in filling in the blanks, the MORE I get worried that it'll screw up EVERYTHING.... BASICALLY, in MISSOURI, there's Slot-Car Central, in Osage Beach, RAYTOWN Raceway in Raytown Missouri, (A suburb of KC) & then there are the club tracks in the St. Louis area... ALL of the Directory-listed tracks for the state of Missouri OTHER than Slot-car central are CLOSED, & GONE. Not trying to gripe, just help... & the current "update method" could ALSO use some help, as the more I filled it out, the MORE I was sure that it would delete MY raceway, & NOT the ones that are closed....

oldweirdherald
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I've TRIED to help update the track-locater guide, but the Farther I get in filling in the blanks, the MORE I get worried that it'll screw up EVERYTHING.... BASICALLY, in MISSOURI, there's Slot-Car Central, in Osage Beach, RAYTOWN Raceway in Raytown Missouri, (A suburb of KC) & then there are the club tracks in the St. Louis area... ALL of the Directory-listed tracks for the state of Missouri OTHER than Slot-car central are CLOSED, & GONE. Not trying to gripe, just help... & the current "update method" could ALSO use some help, as the more I filled it out, the MORE I was sure that it would delete MY raceway, & NOT the ones that are closed....

So... the update form needs to be fixed because you are worried that you are doing it wrong??? LOL

The update form is just a form. Fill in as many blanks as you can, and write any comments, additional info, worries, concerns, or favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe in the "Comments" box.

The directory is filled out MANUALLY, usually by my friend/helper/assistant Karen, who not only reads, writes, and speaks English very well, but has also gotten accustomed to deciphering the somewhat incoherent scribblings of several of OWH's frequent readers/contributors. :rolleyes:

The directory can only be updated from input received from raceway owners and racers. It is a kinda sad fact that many raceway owners, who have invested thousands of dollars and much hard work to open up a raceway, can not seem to take the time to submit their raceway to online directories... let alone to Google or Bing. And in almost zero cases have they ever notified me when they have closed. So I usually have to depend on racers to submit the info & updates.

One of these days, we will have to start making rounds of emails and then phone calls to all the raceways on the listings to verify/update the info... but that may be difficult considering that I am in a different time zone, and many raceways have weird hours.

So please do feel free to fill out and submit the update forms as best you can... but please try to include actual info, and not guesses, rumors, or speculations, or opinions (but cookie recipes are fine). You will NOT (hopefully) break the formmail program or the raceway directory, or accidentally delete yours or anyone else's raceway listing if you somehow hit the "Submit" button wrong. :p

Thanks,

Paul K @ OWH

juggernaut
09-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Is the raceway directory still not working?

oldweirdherald
09-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Sorry...

I just haven't found the time to fix the old program...
I've reinstalled it a few times, but still something broken.
It keeps getting bumped down my "to do" list, unfortunately.

The new program I found is going to take a lot of work to completely
build up almost from scratch... once I figure it out.

I'll bump it back up my list of stuff to fix,
now that the forum move & upgrade is done.

Once it's fixed, I've got a lot of updating to do!

PK @ OWH