PDA

View Full Version : Here's a

wjtaylor
11-13-2014, 11:03 AM
batch for Boyt

Includes the new "Foxtail 2015". At least that's what I think it's called. and it is listed in the new USRA rulebook. I have put a few pictures here for you to look at. There is a, I don't know what to call it, just behind the front fenders. We are cutting this body pretty low and some racers have experienced the side dam separating from the body in this area. This additional height on the side of the body gives more tape area. You can see this as well on the Koford Puegot. It's a different shape of course, but the concept is the same. Boyt and I talked about this feature on the Puegot and I guess he talked to Gugu about it and this is the result. I have a few coming in .007. I will try to get them in .005 as well. I will likely short stock the original body and switch to this one. Comments please

Bill

Kehlo
11-14-2014, 08:27 AM
I didn't have an issue with it in 007 but in 005 w/ 004 sidedams you better put some lexan at the side. I think this solves it :-)
Now the fat foxhead :-)

wjtaylor
11-14-2014, 09:42 AM
.005 thick with .004 sidedams is the most popular setup for this body style. Many people are trimming it pretty low, leading to this issue.

But Christian, don't leave me hanging!!! What's the deal with the Fox Fathead?

Bill

Kehlo
11-14-2014, 09:53 AM
It's the same, I have it even with 007 body and 005 sidedams when I cut it to 30mm. After the race the sides look like a banana :-)
Some people like this setup here in Bruehl at our 27 sprayglue races in the first race when the track is not yet broken in.