PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paul.....

tommy_gunn
04-12-2003, 07:40 AM
I race BS-12, Cobalt 12, 27's and opens. I have been racing for around 9 months. (for the record, I raced 15 years ago and the local track closed and I lost interest, until 9 months ago.)

My question is about magnet zapping. In these type of motors, should the magnets be zapped every time you freshen the motor? What are the pros/cons-if any, of the zap? And, where do I send them to have them hit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:D

Paul Ciccarello
04-15-2003, 10:11 AM
You might want to do your boxstock motors every other time or so or right before a big race. The cobalts you only need to do every so often. Maybe 5 races if you race on hot power. I do not do mine very often. You can send them to Alpha, Beuf, koford, or Proformance. They all do great jobs. There are no cons that I am aware of but the cost of shipping and zapping. It will not hurt anything if you do them often.

Paul

tommy_gunn
04-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the help Paul.:D

buzzgok
04-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Paul, I just wanted to let you know, I bought one of Parma's electronic controllers (the one that let's you dial out the brake) I love ot! It works as well as a defalco that I run against.:D