PDA

View Full Version : Difalco

kimbo
05-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi, I would like to know where is the cheapest place(online or by e-mail contact) to buy a Difalco(the one you can drive a group 10 nascar to Europsorts).?

Thanks, K.

Jawn
05-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kimbo
Hi, I would like to know where is the cheapest place(online or by e-mail contact) to buy a Difalco(the one you can drive a group 10 nascar to Europsorts).?

Thanks, K.

Hi Kimbo,

You should try to buy stuff from your local raceway. Sales of parts and accessories is what keeps them in business, and what gives you a place to race!

Often though, the local shops don't stock higher end items like this. If they can't or won't order it for you, you can get it here:

http://www.racewayusa.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/33/products_id/162

And since its over the $50 threshold, shipping is free.

kimbo
05-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Jawn,

I agree with you, we should encourage our race track. I will talk with the owner to see if he can get a better price(competitive price).

By the way, what is the purpose of a choke? And is it included when you buy the most sophisticated Difalco?

K.

Jawn
05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kimbo
Jawn,

I agree with you, we should encourage our race track. I will talk with the owner to see if he can get a better price(competitive price).

By the way, what is the purpose of a choke? And is it included when you buy the most sophisticated Difalco?

K.

I don't think any of the Difalco's include a choke.

A choke is typically a coil of wire, wound around a core (the ideal material being a subject of some debate) with "taps" every few feet allowing the driver to select different amounts of "choke". The choke is a means of reducing the power available to the car. For faster cars, and especially on tracks with higher power, this yields a more drivable car. Of course, this is at the expense of some punch and top end speed, so its usually a trial and error affair, the object being the lowest lap times.

circuitguy70
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Call Jim directly, after you buy a Difalco controller from your favorite track, you can send it to him and have him add a choke with a control knob installed in the controller head..sweet.

We also have Difalco's at;
http://vancouverspeedway.com
call me at 360-604-0505
Steve