PDA

View Full Version : Southern USRA???

Rotorranch
03-28-2004, 10:19 PM
It appears there is no such thing? What's up with that? :confused:

I'll step up and offer our raceway to host a Southern USRA race, Div 1 or 2. I guess all we need is officials.

Rotor

macman
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
There was in the early '90s, I attended the initial organizing meeting at Grand Prix in Smyrna in Oct '90... Ask M Gamble & Benny J what ever happened to it, They were part of it. Time you resurrected it!:D

Rotorranch
05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Southern USRA appears to be just around the corner!

We'll see what happens in the near future, it appears.

Rotor

brassy
05-04-2004, 06:57 AM
It's true!

The Southern USRA Scale Series will return in fall 2004 under a new management team.

Our intent is to emphasize the FUN aspects of slot racing and toward that end we will be looking very hard at the classes to be run. In all likelihood, we will be running three classes at each stop, rather than the four classes formerly contested in this series. We are also looking at running at least one class, and possibly two classes, with sealed motors. Initial thoughts are to use Falcon motors in one class, Parma 501 sealed 16Ds in one, and builder C-Cans in another. Input on this topic from racers planning to compete in the Southern Scale Series is invited.

In general, except for the motor options, National USRA rules will be followed.

We will be contacting raceways in early June to determine the dates and raceways for this series and will post the schedule to this BBS once it has been established. Southern USRA Scale races will be one-day events as before, on one Saturday per month. Any raceways interested in hosting a Southern USRA Scale Series stop are urged to contact us at the email address given below.

Any racers who wish to join us in the revived Southern Scale Series or who wish to be added to the email distribution list for series information should send their names and email addresses to:

southernusra@mindspring.com

Please address any other inquiries concerning the 2004-2005 Southern USRA Scale Series to the same email address.

Rotorranch
09-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Southern USRA Div 2 is alive and well! Southern USRA (http://www.oldweirdherald.com/slotcartalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9161)

Now let's get Div 1 going!

I nominate Chris Brown as Southern USRA Div 1 Director. Elizibeth Brown as Secretary.

Any Seconds?

I sincerely hope The Brown's will accept my nominations, as they are some of the best people there are around to run the Div 1 USRA here in the Deep South!!!

The South's gonna do it again!

Rotort

LSS
09-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Yo Rotor!!

I second those nominations and nominate Benny J as Tech Director!!

That's if us lowly Florida boys are welcome in the Southern USRA!!

Lorin
:D

Rotorranch
09-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes, Lorin, according to my notes from the voting at the Nats, the Southern USRA Region is comprised of Tenessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/slotcartalk/attachment.php?s=&postid=75494

So of course you Floridians are included in the Southern USRA!

BTW, are y'all going to be able to make it up for the Sept. 11 Wing Car race here? Looks like we should have a great turnout for this event!

Rotor

LSS
09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry Rotor,

Due to some stuff life is dealing at the moment I know I won't be making it and I am sure Ricardo won't be either. But I am sure gonna try and make the next one if at all possible. And my nomination and seconds are serious... Tell Benny he can thank me later!!

And if I can be a help with our USRA chapter count me in too!

Catch you soon!!

Lorin

Rotorranch
09-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Lorin...I hate you guys won't make it up this time! I can understand though, what with some of the stuff y'all in Fla. have had to deal with lately, ( Charley, Frances, Ivan, etc.). I hope you and yours stayed dry! (including your slot stuff!) ;)

Your nominations and seconds are duly noted, and maybe we can pin these folks down here this weekend! :D

We here at SPEEDWAY SLOTCARS and HOBBIES (http://www.speedwayslotcars.com) look forward to the revival of the Southern USRA, and will lend our support as best we can for the growth of the hobby!

Now, Lorin, how would you feel about being nominated for a position in the Southern USRA? ;)

Rotor

LSS
09-10-2004, 04:09 AM
I promise you we would rather be there racing with you guys than here doing the tihngs we are doing!! :rolleyes:

If there is a position in the Southern USRA than I can fulfill from afar, bring it on.... anything I can do to help promote the USRA and slot racing is my pleasure!!

Lorin

Rotorranch
10-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Lorin....it appears we still can't get a Southern USRA Div 1 together. :(

Although I think it'd be good for the hobby, we don't seem to be able to get anyone to step up to the plate.

I really think Chris Brown would be an excellent Regional Director. He is well liked by everyone, very level headed, and very experienced. So far, however, he has declined.

So I guess if Southern USRA Div 1 is to become a reality, we will need someone else to take the reins and lead the masses to water. ( But can we make them drink???)

Are there any volunteers out there for regional director of the Southern USRA Div 1?

BTW...Greg Wells is doing a pretty good job with Southern USRA Div. 2 so far. All I have heard is good things from the races run so far this season.

Rotor

nascar17
11-13-2004, 10:38 AM
There is a Division 2 USRA chapter in Florida. www.fladivision2.com