PDA

View Full Version : Question for Paul

Bobhardt
08-05-2002, 11:44 PM
Paul,
I'm surprised that nobody has asked you this yet. How come you only raced Pro group 7 this year at the nats and didn't race more classes? Were you heartbroke because Hare Dave wasn't there?:p :p Seriously though, I am curious about this.
thanks....

Slotracer152
08-05-2002, 11:53 PM
because he didn't get there until saturday....duh!!

Bobhardt
08-06-2002, 12:11 AM
Is that supposed to be funny?

Paul Ciccarello
08-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Let's see, where should I start?

These are the reasons not necessarly in any order.

1) Parma was shut down for the week and I decided to spend the week with my girlfriend. (Brownie points my man. Can't have too many.)

2) It would require me to do some real thrashing to put together a nats winning program for 27's in one month. I only have some arms and that is it.

3) I figured if something was going to break, bend or blow up in the pro race it did not matter if i was there 2 weeks or the day before the race.

4) If I was at the race all week I would be racing and thrashing getting burnt out all week.

5) I was not going to go, but felt I had to for some reason.

6) The track was easy so I did not need much practice.

7) Hair Dave was not racing so I would have not had a good time without him. (just kidding)

8) I am enjoying playing golf even though I took all of my clubs out of my bag today, left them on the last tee and walked straight to my car. Then my buddy picked them up for me and gave them back.

9) I did not do more work than I had to. Just plain burnt out I guess.

Thats about it. In some ways I wish I would have gone eariler and still only raced opens to have a great time with everyone. Seeing everyone and having some laughs might be the reason I thought I had to go. It is the best part of racing.

Paul

Bobhardt
08-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Paul,
Great job winning your quarter final with very little practice. (Not that you need practice.) I think there is something to the Hare Dave thing though. He is the "show".;) Thanks for the reply.

Dave Fugate
08-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Where has the hare been lately?

Bobhardt
08-07-2002, 10:11 PM
I tried calling him a few weeks ago to tell him about the race we are having this Saturday. Some woman answered but she didnt seem to know what the hell I was talking about. Hey Dave are you coming this Saturday?