View Poll Results: Which would you be more inclined to run in?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • A 500 lap race with individual racers

3 18.75%
  • An Enduro with two-driver teams

13 81.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500 laps vs. Enduro?

500 laps vs. Enduro?

Would you be more inclined to participate in a race that was 500 laps for individual racers or an Enduro with two-person teams of drivers?

EDIT: I should mention that the plan is to run this race on a Blue King track.

thanks for your input,
    Durl
    Last edited by Big Ol' Durl; 07-31-2005 at 02:01 PM.

The Problem with a 500 lap race, is sitouts...... A guy could be on schedule to run 500 laps, but sits out, and another guy gets it first, even though his lap average is lower than that of the first one...

An Enduro does not have this problem... Also, i've competed in numerous enduros, and they are a blast, mostly because you have a teammate...

Josh B.
    Boola Racing

well, actually...

Josh, in the 500 lap races I've run sit-outs don't play into it, because the race is won by the driver who gets 500 laps fastest during HIS or HER eight heats, NOT relative to the time of the race.

I'm not sure I'm explaining it clearly, but if you take a look at the race results on THIS LINK you'll see what I mean. Don Snyder won the race NOT because he was first to hit 400 laps, but because he was the fastest to hit 400 laps.

Hope this helps.

I do thank you for your opinion about your preferences, and it seems like most folks agree with you. I'm actually more of a "lone wolf" kinda guy, not wanting to drag another driver into the morass that is my driving ability.

Durl

I think i also mis-interpreted myself as well... If you set up the computer as a 500 lap race, it will shut off once someone reaches 500, regardless is someone else should of done it, but had a sitout. I hope i cleared this up a little bit....

But, go with the 2 man enduro, because if your team loses, its all your partners fault

Josh B.
    Boola Racing

Really?

Josh, you want to be my partner?
    Casper, the Friendly Ghost.

I said that to my partner after we ran a 3hr enduro (with my dad as my partner) but I was Kidding! LOL! (22min heats i ran 6out of 8 heats).

-----------------Eric W.S.------------------

Iron man race

I am with durl in wanting to do a single driver long race but I don't see the reson for a numbered finish. Why not just run a timed single driver race and whomever gets the most laps wins.I don't think a second or third driver should come into the mix unless the race is four hours or more. What I would realy like to do is a 24 hour race with 3 or 4 driver teams like they do in europe.

I prefer the three driver format better. It allows one team mate some time to relax or do something else. Racing or marshalling in an enduro format gets tiring.
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

500 Laps vs. Enduro

I llike enduros, although I'm in a minority at our track. WE run them every so often, but the wimps insist on each driver using his own car, not two guys driving the same car. P*ssies.

slowjim

24 hours? Oh HAIL, yeah!!!!

Alex,

I'd be into a 24-hour race with 3 or 4 member teams. You'd think SOMEbody in NorCal could get behind this. It sounds like something Todd Radke and them Chico folks would do.

We should start talking this up.

Durl
    yez can sleep when yer dead

I have already started started setting up some guidlines. I think I could get Fast track hobbies to host it. But we would need to decide on some generall stuff like what car, what motor,tire clearance, stuff like that.

Hell if we get enough intrest I would like to see two types of cars on the track at the same time like real endurance racing. Say daytona prototypes and gt type bodies. Say with sealed s-16 and regular 16.
    Last edited by Alex"Ace"Molle; 09-20-2006 at 09:39 AM.

I would like to try a 24 hour enduro myself. We are getting ready to have enduros at two different tracks here in North Carolina. Victory Lane Raceway in Fuquay will be holding a three hour enduro September the 30th and Wilmington Slot Car Raceway will be holding their six hour enduro (with lights for the last two heats) November 18.
    Byron

USRA member #380013

"Pain Heals
    Chicks Dig Scars
    Glory Last Forever"

http://www.victorylaneraceway.com

What are you driver rules for each. One driver ,two drivers,Three. If more than one driver how is the driveing duties broken up.

okay...

Alex,
    Greg Kondrek says he spoke with Todd Radke (of Enduro de Chico fame), who sez he's interested in hosting a 24-hour race at his track in Chico sometime next year after the end of the NorCal/SCRA season.

That would be a true blast, as Todd is a great host, the Chico Slot Car club is a great place, peopled by great racers, and Chico is a rockin' town.

If you wanna help putting it together, let me know.

Durl

ok

I was not planning on being at stockton for the norcal race. Maybe in november in Citrus Hights we can take a few minutes and bounce some Ideas of each other on type of car, motor, race format. since I am sure that there will be differances of opinion, specialy in the type of car.

Have you seen one of the latest issues of scale model racing with the story about the 24 hour group c hard body race in europe. I would love to do a similar race with late 80' early 90's prototype hard bodies. But I would bet interest would not be as high than if we stuck to a class to that is already run.

One rule that I want to see happen that I came up with is that you have to finish the race with the same motor setup you started the race with like you do the body and the chassi. What I meen is that instead of being able to just pop in a fresh motor if the one your running blows you have to rebuild the setup that you teched the car with. Basicly you can replace everything in the motor except the can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast