Thread: Nats Racers

Nats Racers

Attention Nats racers...

If any of you Nats racers would like to help post any caption info in any of the Nats Photo Galleries - please post here or PM me.

I will set up a generic login ID & password for Nats racers who would like to help out, to make it easier.

There are hundreds of photos, and besides - even though I tried - I still did not learn all of the names & faces, let alone get all the proper name spellings.

The Photo Gallery has a feature where I can enable viewers to post comments - but we have already had that feature abused when I had it on before in the Vintage Gallery, so I really don't want it open to just anyone to monkey with now.

If you would like to help - PM me, and please let me know your real name, and where you are from - not just your OWH ID.

Nats racers, as well as moderators, and previous Nats racers, or those who know proper spelling of any names I might have messed up (like some of our Brazilian or European friends).

Thanks
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-22-2005 at 11:38 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Paul,

Thanks for posting the photos of Chris' hand controller stands.

Your help was very much appreciated.

Delete this post after you have read it

Ron
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Ron,

Right after I took the photos, I was going to do a "rubbing" on some paper, and then get the dimensions, fold lines, dimensions, etc.... but then I got busy and forgot.

I also took a bunch of pics of some of the wide variety of controllers and choke boxes there. Unfortunately - it would have taken some real research and time to have gotten info about all of them as well.

I DO have the info on Marcio's Semi-Pro World Record setting and Nats winning controller and choke, however.

It was built for him by Daniel Simoes in Brazil. The choke has a microprosessor in it, and has a wide range of programmed in configurations, which he can switch between with a button on his controller. An LED indicator shows which program it is set on. It is also blow-proof, Marcio says. He says his friend Daniel took over 2 years developing it, and he is very happy with it.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Smile Sorry to hijack your post.

Don't worry about not getting your "rubbings" to me

I was able to construct a cardboard template from your photos and tested it with my controller - thankfully, it seems to work ok.

My club is lucky to have amongst its membership, a racer come electronics 'guru' who builds classy hand contollers that are just as good as any Difalco or DR

We don't need chokes on the scale that some of the USA Nats racers use - we just don't race wings and the open class cars here
    Last edited by Zippity; 08-23-2005 at 12:06 AM.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Any volunteers???
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Cool

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are still sleeping.

I guess I'll try to help out....Started a new job this week, so my online time has been cut back, but I'd like to do what I can to help out

Josh B.
    Boola Racing