Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mura "B" follies...

Smile Mura "B" follies...

Check this out, # 5995110776 on E-Pay...
    In the past few weeks, this seller has been peddling the most ordinary, undesirable stock "B" motors for serious money. I believe that the buyers see the pink color as some kind of relation to the John Cukras-approved line a couple of years earlier, and thus are willing to pay about 4 times their worth or more. This is what happens when buyers are uninformed but anxious to bid on anything "looking" like what they really should be hunting for. Maybe I ought to dig up a stock of these miserable pink failures fitted with un-balanced, short-stack reject arms and have an opening bid of $300.00 a pop...
    In fact, I am wondering if ANY "B" motors of ANY versions (and they tried EVERYTHING to make these piles to work) is worth more than thirty bucks, just as a historical sidestep... never mind.
    Last edited by TSRF; 08-25-2005 at 07:58 AM.

I ran these pink motors back in the late 60s or early 70s in the evil handling Phase III brass chassis. These unbalanced short stack arms ran pretty good in the weekly race programs. I never could stand their color, I refinished all of mine with black wrinkle paint.

The Group-15 arms were about the only ones that could stay alive in these boat anchors...

Industrial Strength Boat Anchors...

I know I put way more than $30 worth of effort into the ones I messed with...
    "I don't think I'm ever more 'aware' than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer." -- Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Well Jim, time to dig the old junk and repaint them in pink.

Unhappy

One born every minute.

Talking Pretty In Pink!

Well Jim, time to dig the old junk and repaint them in pink.
    Lookie, I'm a trend setter!

"So many slot cars to build...so little time"

Mura - No motor is an island!

In the meantime, does anybody - and by anybody, I mean you Dokk! - have a short guide to all the different Mura motors? They seem to have been more prolific than Champion and certainly lasted longer as a motor manufacturer!

thanks
    Don

Mura did indeed produce more variety than Champion, and I am presently working on an extensive history with pictures.
    Unfortunately I am SOOOOOO busy...

Just remember...

It takes a REAL man to wear pink!

Talking PINK

All men secretly love pink, but are afraid to admit it.
    Paul W.

Any pic of a "Circular Milled" with tiny round holes B can?
    Never had one, just a couple of the older ones but they were thrown away almost 35 years ago, just some arms left. Were the B motors sold with green epoxy arms? Can't remember exactly.

Any pic of a "Circular Milled" with tiny round holes B can?
    I will take some for you. Most of these came with a ball bearing on the can. No complete motors were produced by Mura using this can.

Were the B motors sold with green epoxy arms? Can't remember exactly.
    No, but one could purchase the infamous "bubble-gum" arms and stick them into those cans to create instant inferno.

The fascination with this pile of junk of a slot car motor just amazes me. Looks like some of you guys LOVE losers. I can't figure this one out... I personally prefer winning combinations, but, eh, that's me!

But I really could run a race or two with a bubble gum 24 in a B-can.
    I think my 4 Ohm MRRC was going to melt, but fortunately the power wasn't hot enouh to melt the motor. And I still have that arm among others that survived - Lenz, Dyna, Zimmerman, Steube, Pooch, Long John, Vulcan, Rocket, Parma, not to forget Versitec and something I wound myself. But no setups except a Cukras reminiscent A-Can motor - were they ever sold painted in silver?

Now I know what's up w that unmarked "mystery" motor I got that burns up controlers! Its got one of those green "bubble gum" arms in it! Otherwise it looks like a std gray Mura square hole 16D EBD. It's way faster than any other 60's 16D I've ever seen. Almost as fast as my Hybrid's.
    Thanks so much for the info on the pink can's! U saved me a LOT of money! Tell the truth I just wanted one to rip apart to see what the big deal was...but not for $200!
    Last edited by tjsguns; 08-26-2005 at 11:38 AM.
    tjsguns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast