Thread: indy gripp silicone tires

indy gripp silicone tires

Does anyone know where I can get the Indy gripp silicone tires?I have heard of them but can't find where to purchase them.

Thanks!

Call or email Bruce. They have them in stock and will do mail order.

www.cincyslots.com

David

Professor Motor has them too, in abundant selection!
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Or....

You could support the sponsors that support this web site.

Click on the banners at the top of every page to check out many manufacturers and retailers of the products you need to enjoy this hobby.

Indy Grip and other brands of silicone tires are available from:

www.132slotcar.us

www.fantasyworldhobbies.com

Both carry tons of 1/32 stuff, both have 800 numbers, AND both are OWH Sponsors!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Gee thanks Craig....

and BTW - PUMA PAWS are also available from OWH SPONSORS listed in my post above.

Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Question

I did a search for puma paws on each of the above sites and came up with nothing, zero, bupkiss.

My bad....

Here I was though, trying to plug my sponsors, and my buddy Craig posts a plug for Puma Paws tires available at Red Devil Raceway (which Craig races at - a few miles from his house).

I jumped on Craig for not even noticing my post about plugging sponsors, so embarrassed, he deleted his own post.

Then he called me and pleaded not guilty since apparently Red Devil is the only source for Puma Paws!

So - here's the link:

www.reddevilraceway.com

Ok Gerry, when you going to buy an ad?
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

my local track banned silicone tires. they said they wanted rubber on the track surface and the silicone tires would just pull it off or something. I guess silicone is bad for the track surface, i guess some p-3s will be alright. Anybody else have these restricitons in your area? I like the track a lot. Its got a huge straight and a few good straights and very nice turns. Its a $3k track and its got 6 lanes and 2 real power supplies one for 1-3 and one for 4-6

Angry

That flakey 60's rumor is still around? Silicone tires leave NO deposits and are not bad for a track. What IS bad is the stickey goop people put on their foam tires, which has to be cleaned off all the time. Silicones may not be the best if the track is dirty, i.e. loaded with dirt and tire goop.

Hi Gris
    unfortunately that rumour is true!
    We did a test on wood and plastic track a few weeks ago to settle this argument for SlotForum.
    Mind you I had dozens of vintage hubs reshodded with silicone for my vintage cars who needed new tires and silicone seemed the best choice for both types of surface track and lasting propreties.
    Because of a Thingie proxy race coming up in February in Europe, which will be held on different tracks, we were setting rules and we found out many tracks in Europe will not allow silicone the reason being that they ruin the surface for other "rubber" tires.
    I was quite upset and posted questions about that and ALL info that came in confirmed this.
    So with the help of a member who has both plastic and wooden track in his club we set out a test which confirmed that silicone does not appear to leave anything on the track, but "cleans" it in such a way that later if you run with rubber (even urethane made Ortmann's) these will not hold anymore until much much much later when a new layer of rubber is "redone" on the surface. I then tested again on my Carrera track and found the same problem although in a less dramatic way than on wood.
    I use all kind of rubber tires for my 1/32 plasticars and I will get Ortmann's for my 1/24 vintage from now on ,avoiding the silicone problem.
    Kind regards
    Edo

Righto!

That was also confirmed in a 60's tire test and found to be true. The tires pick up the gunk and then the driver cleans them, thus removing the built up rubber, tire goo and other deposits. They do not, however, leave any measureable amount of silicone on the track and that was the myth. I've never seen a pair of the older silicon tires with measureable wear on them. Maybe chunks out of them, but no wear. In fact, try sanding them down. I hope you have lots of sandpaper, as they wear like iron!

thats not what I was talking about though.....

I was referring to them "cleaning" the track.

Forget Indi grips try mine. MJK tires are rubber with no silicone and grip like no other. They are also cheaper. Go to my www link. Once you have tried them you will want them on every car you have!

Puma Paws Silicone Tires

I do carry a large selection of Puma Paws tires at Red Devil Raceway but so does Fantasy World.

I have recently put a Sponor Banner on Old Wierd Hearld because it is the right thing to do in support of something that has so tirelessly promoted and supported this Hobby. I will be doing the same thing on Slot Car Illustrated in the near future for the same reasons.

Paul Kassens has worked tirelessly in support and promotion of Slotcar Racing for a very long time. All of us in the Slotcar Racing business, both shop owners and manufactures, should be supporting this effort with Sponsor Banners.

Thank you to Paul for providing this forum for the discussion and support of the Slotcar Racing Hobby.

Gerry Brott
    Red Devil Raceway
    615 7th Ave
    Kirkland, WA 98033
    425-827-2110
    gerry@reddevilraceway.com (shop email)
    www.reddevilraceway.com

Thanks Gerry!

If I'd have read this post before I went to your race tonight - I would have been all embarrassed or even choked up!

I appreciate your tireless efforts to give us "Speed Crazed Morons" a place to race, compete, hang out, and have fun. I think I look forward to going out for Mexican food after the race with the Red Devil gang just as much as I enjoy the racing!

I also appreciate the support of suppliers and raceways of this web site - it is a great way to not only reach customers, but to share tips, information, and sources for items needed to better enjoy this hobby.

OK now.... is that enough kissing up for the day??? LOL

PK
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 07-08-2006 at 02:58 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald