+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slot Racing in Central Florida

Slot Racing in Central Florida

While it is sad news that Slot Car Raceway - Tampa Bay and Epitome Raceway in Lakeland have closed their doors, there is no need to "pack you stuff away". Slot Car Racing is still alive and well in the bay area and Cental Florida. Racing is still going well at three local raceways in our area. Below is a list of the raceways in the area. Do not pack your stuff away, pick it up and visit one of these raceways and show your support. While it is always sad to see a Raceway close, life goes on and there are many raceways doing well and would welcome your business. With that said I would like to remind everyone that we will be racing at Slot Car Raceway in Spring Hill this Friday and Saturday, or be sure to visit or call any of the raceways below and support their local race programs or just visit and run your cars.

Slot Car Raceway and Hobbies
    2125 Mariner Blvd.
    Spring Hill, FL 34609
    (352) 684-7355
    www.slotcarhobbies.com
    adam@slotcarhobbies.com

Lightning Raceway
    9833 State Road 52
    Hudson, FL 34669
    (727) 868-2629

Phil's Hobby Shop
    6050 Park Blvd.
    Pinellas Park, FL 33781
    (727) 545-1251

Adam Crawley
    www.slotcarhobbies.com

Question How about a Raceway in Southern Florida

I have not herd any new lies about this happening in quite a while.............

Thumbs down

What is really sad is the fact that these raceways never contacted me once to see about getting magazines, or finding out how to promote their raceway through new opening spotlight announcements or even race reports. I didn't even know they existed. In fact, except for the HO racers who know the benefits of their racers being seen in race reports, only Phil's in Florida is a regular contributor. Would these two raceways have stayed in business if their racers could have seen themselves in the magazine? Would they have been able to stay in business if they sold a magazine which promotes our hobby and doesn't jepordize over the counter sales with mail order ads? Who knows. We can't ask them... they are gone....j f
    2006 is a subscription drive year. It is time to take SARN to another level with more pages and wider distribution. Subscribe now. become a distributor now. http://www.scaleautoracing.com
    RACE DIRECTORS... Want Free Subscription certificates to SARN to use as race prizes or door prizes? They are FREE for the asking. Email me at: johnford@slotmail.org and let me know how many you need for each event. S.A.R.N. Scale Auto Racing News...Serving slot racers since 1979.

John, I wouldn't mind looking at one of your issues to see if it will fit in at my HO track I am opening this weekend. I will send you the addy in a P.M.

Ronnie

Thumbs up THANX TOOL MAN

I GOT IT AND YOUR MAG IS ON IT'S WAY...JF
    RACE DIRECTORS... Want Free Subscription certificates to SARN to use as race prizes or door prizes? They are FREE for the asking. Email me at: johnford@slotmail.org and let me know how many you need for each event. S.A.R.N. Scale Auto Racing News...Serving slot racers since 1979.

John - well the facts are:

Slot Car Raceway Tampa Bay
    He and his wife (real nice people) were just tired of working 2 jobs. They closed when the lease was up after about 5yrs in business. He did sell your mag and the Bulletin. He also advertised in the Bulletin and had a few big races that were covered by the Bulletin. So NO not even selling SARN could talk him in to keeping it open, he was just ready to have weekends free again.

Epitome Raceway in Lakeland
    He lost his lease to the bar nextdoor so they could put in a dance floor. With the cost of retail spots these days he just decided not to reopen. I dont remember if he did or did not sell SARN but I'm sure that does not help the big cost of reopening in a new location.

+ Reply to Thread