+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: JayGee Racing Controllers

JayGee Racing Controllers

24 Bands of Pure Bliss,
    The new 24 band Jaygee Racing Controller

As pictured for Fox to 16D to G-27 Motor racing

Chicagoland raceway was more than happy to assist Jeff Goldberg in his dream.

Now you can have it!

Roger
    Roger Schmitt
    Mid-America raceway and Hobbies online store

Mid-America-Raceway-and-Hobbies Ebay Store

Mid America Raceway & Hobbies
    Home of the 2011 USRA Div 2 Nationals
    (630) 484-8585

More info Please??

How about more info....

1. Price?

2. Picture of other side....

3. Availability??

thanks,

wjd

Dial tone, then

(630)484-8574
    It must be a Chicago only unit.
    Ron
    Work harder. Millions on welfare depend on you!

Does this help?

Originally posted by wjdougherty
    How about more info....

1. Price?

2. Picture of other side....

3. Availability??

thanks,

wjd
    How about this? ;-))

Best regards,

Markus

That is the ticket !!

Thanks
    Ron
    Work harder. Millions on welfare depend on you!

Controller Details

The JayGee Racing Linear 100 controller has 24 bands for an ultra smooth feel and a voltage follower transistor drive circuit for a linear response curve.

The throttle sensitivity adjustment can be set as low as 15% of track voltage for fine control of scale cars on twisty flat tracks to as high as 80%, making the controller a virtual on-off switch for driving wing cars on punch-bowl super speedways.

A two-position (hi-low) throttle sensitivity range switch extends the range of the throttle sensitivity pot, giving the user the ability to easily fine tune the sensitivity desired over the full range of pot movement. In the low setting, the sensitivity range extends as high as 68% of track voltage. The high setting allows the user to dial in the sensitivity between 69% and 80% for lightening fast response. The optional front or rear mounted mush button pulls the sensitivity back down to 15%, regardless of range switch setting…helping to keep wing cars from popping out when starting from a dead stop.

The circuit board sits low in the handle for strength and durability. It features nickel-plated wiper pads for long life, 24 bands on 50 mil centers. With an extremely low current draw through the wiper and resistor network (about 25 mA), arcing and wiper burn is completely eliminated. A contact for the optional blast relay is integrated into the circuit board and the relay coil power tap is labeled on the board. Accessory mounting holes are also provided for choke controls. The Linear 100 includes a high quality instrumentation grade throttle sensitivity potentiometer and comes with a 5-watt wire wound brake pot as standard equipment. A pro style, 12-watt brake pot is available as an upgrade.

The trigger assembly rides on dual ball bearings, virtually eliminating side play, and a floating silver wiper button glides over the wiper pads.

Power is delivered through 10-gauge, fine stranded flexible cables for minimal power drop…and a silver plated full power bypass contact is included as standard equipment. The power module features a high-efficiency heat sink, a Darlington transistor and protection diode. The controller also is protected by two fuses, a self-resetting PTC in the brake line and a 20-amp automotive blade fuse in the white power line.

Small but important touches enhance the usability of the Linear 100 controller. A green LED is provided as a power and status indicator. The pots are labeled and the knobs are even color coded for easy identification – green for throttle sensitivity and red for brake. Dial positions are printed on the circuit board - Min, Max and 9 intermediate positions to facilitate repeatable, rapid set up. Even the trigger is contoured for user comfort.

The JayGee Racing Linear 100 retails for $239 and includes the following as standard equipment:

· 24-band, nickel plated, linear response transistor control board with integral blast relay contact – suitable for Falcon thru Group 7 cars

· Instrumentation grade throttle sensitivity pot with extended range switch enables sensitivity adjustment between 15% and 80% of track voltage

· Dual ball bearing trigger with floating silver wiper button for smooth consistent wiper action

· 10 gauge power cables for minimum voltage drop

· 5 Ohm, 5 Watt wire wound brake pot

· Color coded knobs and printed calibration numbers facilitate rapid, repeatable controller setup

· Power module includes high efficiency heat sink, Darlington transistor and protection diode

· Fully fuse protected with self resetting PTC in brake line and 20A fuse in power line

Options include:

· Mush button (front or rear mounted) - $15
    · Blast Relay - $20
    · 12W brake pot - $30

The Linear 100 is available now with a two-week lead-time. It’s distributed by Chicagoland Raceway and sold through slot car shops nationwide. Shop owners should contact Roger Schmitt at Chicagoland Raceway 630-484-8574 for details on the dealer discount program.

Since I’m currently on assignment in Chicago, I can be reached by either PM or email through OWH. For more information on linear response, voltage follower controllers such as the Linear 100, visit www.jaygeeracing.com. The site will be updated shortly with information on the production version of this innovative, new controller. I can update the website or build controllers...right now my customers would rather have me building controllers.

Jeff

Hi JayGee,

Will the Linear 100 controller be easely modified to be used by a lefthander like me (The pot's turned the other way around etc), and would it be available through other Distributors like Eagle or Crawley?
    Best Regards
    Johnny Andersen
    Oslo - Norway
    http://www.amrc.no

international

Hi,

How can you get your hands on one if your not based in the U.S.A at all?

Will you deal direct with an end user?

Thanks
    Care co-efficient = 0

International & Left Handed

Janders,

I can have a controller board built left handed for you...or any other southpaws out there (my own daughter is left handed...happens to the best of us).

I've no plans to use other distributors unless they are willing to place significant stocking orders. My understanding is they typically order high end product against backlog only...not stocking orders to fill forcasted demand. By working with a single distributor that is willing to stock against forcasted sales, I'm able to build more units at a time and keep the cost reasonable.

Chicagoland Raceway is both a distribution and retail outlet for the Linear 100, and can ship internationally with dealer discounts...same as Eagle and Crawley.

Youngy,

Sorry, I prefer not to sell direct. While I could make more money in the short term by pocketing the dealer markup, I'd rather help keep the raceways in business. If your local raceway doesn't want to order one from Chicagoland Raceway, you can contact them directly at 630-484-8574 or send a PM to Roger Schmitt on OWH (strombecker67).

Jeff

Thanks

I understand your position Jeff. I will contact Chicago raceway directly myself or Roger.

I'm just glad you have given me an option to be honest.

Thanks for your time.

PS I liked the technical write up on your website too
    Care co-efficient = 0

I tried one of Jeff's controllers this past weekend at Chicagoland and.....

*I want one* waaaaaaaaaaah!

This controller is very well constructed, fits GREAT in the hand and has wonderful track "feel".

I had the pleasure yesterday of trying the Linear 100

Let me just say the feel and adjustability of the Linear 100 is phonomenal !!!

We were hot lapping a few cars Jeff, Roger, my son Jacob ,Swiss,and myself. We all used the Linear 100 and were able to set the controller to each of our own personal liking very easily because of the way Jeff has the board printed with the settings. I was very impressed with the feel, response and predictable adjustability. Anyone who purchases a Linear 100 to be used for FCR's,Womps or G27's on a King or GT-1, GT-12's on a LTD they will not be dissapointed!!!!

By the way fast time was set by the "scale car savant" Mike Swiss!
    Last edited by Mark Woday; 10-10-2005 at 01:54 PM.
    ProSpeed Racing Products "Turning the competition into victims" www.slotcar1.com

Chicagoland Raceway "Home of the 2006 Divison 1 Nats" and soon to be the fastest King in our little world!

More pictures

A few people have asked for close ups,

here they are

Front... and

back

Enjoy,
    Roger
    Roger Schmitt
    Mid-America raceway and Hobbies online store

Mid-America-Raceway-and-Hobbies Ebay Store

Mid America Raceway & Hobbies
    Home of the 2011 USRA Div 2 Nationals
    (630) 484-8585

Great controller

Roger let me try the Jay Gee controller when I visited Chicagoland raceway yesterday. It was a great ride with everything I brought with me from - falcon powered 1/32 lmp , g-10 nascar, 4.5 nascar, gt1, and gt12.

My brother had not driven a slotcar for over 10 years and really has never been into slots. The controller really smoothed out his driving. I had trouble getting him to drive with my new difalco so I could try the Jay Gee!

Many thanks to Roger for his hospitality! (never got that black sportsman much below the mid 7s . . .)

mk

How does this production model compare to the one that was featured in Slot Car Bulletin a while back ?
    Ted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast