Thread: Just joined owh

Just joined owh

I was browsing the web and found this site. I got the bug again and get my cars out of mothballs. I have acollection of oldtimers, and they were fitted about 20 years ago with new axles, gears and tires and got them to run. My first car is a Revell Lotus with a pittman rp 77 motor, got it in 1963 from Polk's Hobby center in nyc, they had a track. 20 years ago I started to build a new fleet of slotcars, womps flexi's, grp 12's, outlaw 12's, grp20's and some scratch builts. I have to retire all of these current ones and exspect to pay couple of 100 dollars...... over time.... not all at once, the wife will shoot me.
    I have controllers by Cidex, Omnis.... I know the person who designed and sold them. My son and his son are very close friends. Gotta go now, got my work cut out for me to rehab my slots.
    I do very little competive racing, but FUN building and running.

Howdy!

You picked a great forum to join! This place is a great source of info and discussion.
    Your named after one of the neatest bike's ever! I had a cherry bomb in the early 70's.
    Roy
    Oh Yeah!

Thumbs up Welcome aboard!

I know about the "bug" you speak of... I got it REAL bad after being out of the hobby/sport since the 70's. I've been back in for about a year now and I am having a blast!

You are gonna have a good time here; lots of great information and friendly folks to help you get your feet wet again. I would have never made it back into slot car racing if it weren't for this forum.

Have fun and don't throw out your old stuff! There's a vintage slot section here that is chocked full of goodies. I wish I still had all my old equipment from back then, but somehow, just about every doggone piece of it disappeared after my divorce from my first wife. Go figure.
    Phil Lee
    If ya' can't beat 'em, feed 'em!

<_____
    O_____\_
    There's a fine line between racing and standing
    at the driver's panel looking like an idiot...

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome.
    The nearest place from my home is called the Race Place in Farmingdale NJ which is on rt33 east of Freehold NJ.
    I plan to buy new tires for about a dozen cars and go from there, take notes on the way these cars will handle and make corrections. I want speed , but handling is most important on all track lanes.
    AS time goes on I will most likely remotor my womps, flexis, grp 12's and 20's and tweek up my other motors.
    I will time to time try to up date on what I am doing.

OrangeCrate

Thumbs up Welcome

to the family of slot car racers. There are alot of good people on here with vast knowledge that are willing to help.

Ron

Smile Back on the track, last time was 8 yrs ago

Last sunday, went down to the race place in farmingdale nj with a few cars, grp 12's, 20's and flexes with grp12 and 16d motors. I manage to restore back to life the tires on these cars. I ran on a oval style track and lucky i was the only person. My controller is a omni x-troll, first few minutes the eye, hand and mind not want to work together, then it all came together, getting use to the track and try to push the cars thru the turns and they all proformed the way I last ran them 8 yrs ago. I left and very happy and working on another batch of cars. Once i get most of my cars running, i will start to build aleast a flexi 5, grp12 and 20 of the latest motors and chassis setups.