Thread: New to 1/32 Slots

New to 1/32 Slots

Brief Bio, there is a question at the end. I bought a Scalextric Corvette T3 track then began enlarging it. My parents bought the same track then built a T4 around it and also began enlarging it. We are all running Parma 45 ohm controllers with independent wall packs for each track. Between us we have around 25 Scalextric cars, all American Muscle. A Fly GT40 and a few Carrera's. Of the lot I like the Fly car's speed the most but handling the worst. I dislike every Carrera we've tried and feel pretty good about the Scalextric's out of the box performance. I've recently put some Scilicone tires on one of my Mustangs and like it even more. We've experimented with differant magnets and placement. This brings me to my question. I am looking for cars that I can tweak a bit more and are a little tougher than the plastic chassis of the above listed cars. I want more speed of course and braking. Traction would be nice but if you don't fall off the track where is the fun? Looking at this site http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html I see the nice complete car kits he offers. There has to be another source somewhere in the US that offers this style car. I also insist that our slots keep the look of American made Muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's vintage. I also would like to stay with full width tires at all corners etc. I wouldn't mind having to change my controllers ohm rating to achieve my goals. Sorry for the long intro but that sums us up.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	completekit32s.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	1953  

Last edited by RockerKnocker; 10-29-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Did you look at TSRF http://www.tsrfcars.com/TMENU.htm
    Never ran one but they look good.