Thread: back to the track

back to the track

I got some of my cars up and running and got back on the track... last time was 8 years ago. I was happy that the cars ran pretty well, there are a few bugs, but these will be corrected. I have to decide on what type of tires to use and gearing setup. I got some of the Zip free and seems to work on some of my dried out tires. I am trying out on a couple of tires soaking in a sticky oil based product used i on foam air filters 2 cycle concrete demo saws, so far looks promising, seems not affecting the glue that bonds tire material to the hub. I do plan to build a fleet of flexi 5 cars with deathstars to grp 20 motors with various different bodies. I like to build and run then to get into races.

Thumbs up racing

There is an ISRA race saturday at Keystone Raceway. Alot of the New Jersey racers run in this series. Also Lou Ciconi has a track in NJ. Be great just to stop by and check out the series and get an idea what cars we run. Always great to see new people out!

Thanks Fastslotracer for that info.
    I plan to get down to Keystone Raceway and Lou Ciconi's raceway hopefully soon.
    I recently went to Trains and Lanes and the batch of cars I bought there ran well since I haven't been to a raceway in 8 years. the place I ran my cars, a D oval and a drag strip, unfortunately the place caught on fire and the building burnt down, also the building next to it.
    The fire was accidental, the owner was cleaning the tracks with coleman stove fuel and a spark set of the fumes, and he almost got killed. The owner never reopened. I myself then stopped doing the slot cars.
    I found this website and got the interest restarted.

Orangecrate

Sad News

Just goes to show how careful we have to be with these "TOY" cars we love. Glad to see you back and "playing" again.
    Casper, the Friendly Ghost.