Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOPAC 2006 NW Tour - Race #2

HOPAC 2006 NW Tour - Race #2

2006 HOPAC Northwest Tour
    HO Championship Series Race #2

Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2006

Car Classes: G-Jets (Pro & Amateur) / Club Stock (Pro & Amateur) / Super Stock (Pro)

Body Class: GT / Prototype (any era - Porsche 917, Peugeot, Nissan, etc.)

Schedule: Call Track Owner for open practice before race day. Open practice race day 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM. Sign-Ups & Tech start at 11:30 AM.

Entree Fee: $10.00 for a complete day of racing.

Awards: Plaques to the winner in every racing class plus Best Appearing Race Car.

The Track: A beautiful four-lane 4' x 12' "Banzai" Brystal Track. The track features continuous rail construction, aligator clip hookups, 45' lap length; and fully computerized "LaneMaster" track control.

Location: "Oasis Speedway" - at the home of Steve Stauffer - Bothell, WA.

Please call for address, directions, & more info.

Steve Stauffer: 425-483-9656
    Scale Auto: 425-868-8862
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 02-15-2006 at 01:53 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Are Race #1 results posted anywhere?

Paul you going?

The results were in a mailing. I'll post them when I get back home. From what I remember on a Banzai Bucktrax. Shawn Martin (2004 Hopra AM SS champion) took AM Gjets and Club Stock (beat me in Gjet by a lap.) I'll have to check for the pro classes.

Anyway Paul if you go, (and if you didn't read the mailing) Gjet is an IROC class for this race (build your own scheduled to start next race) and club stock is SS but with slip on tires.

Should be fun, hope the weather is ok. Glenn

Amateur G-Jets (Top 3 from B main)
    Shawn Martin 102
    Glenn Shaw (ME) 101-I was leading until midway through the final heat, but couldn't hold off Shawn 101
    Lee Dundas 101
    Dean Tweedale 100

Pro Gjets
    Gary Beedle 106
    Steve Stauffer 106
    Andre Perra 105
    John Hubbard 105

Club Stock
    Shawn Martin 175
    Walt Moon 172
    Brad Brazil 170
    Rick Mason 168
    (I qualified 2nd but only took 6th-the car & driver just didn't have anything left in the final)

Super Stock
    Andre Perra 188
    Gary Beedle 187
    Steve Stauffer 186
    Joe Mendoza 184
    Last edited by Green Destiny; 02-16-2006 at 07:46 AM.

WARNING!!!

TheRockinator is ON HIS WAY!!

Yes, that's right, the locally renown Captain of Team Northwest of T-Jet Fray style racing will be dipping his toes into the rarified, and what some consider "dark side" of HO racing. The BSRT Saturday Series!!

As team captain I led the Fabulous Northwest Squad to a PERFECT 0-14 Record at this years Fray!! (Glenn, Paul, You guys should have been there.)

Now I bring my expertise to Magnet cars and G-Jets. (Hey, I should be good at G-jets, they're slow, like me)

I look forward to seeing you ALL bright and early Saturday!

Later, The soon to become a racing junky, woops it's too late Rockinator
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

I got the mailing - the usual great newsletter & flyers!

Since I didn't make it to the Fray last weekend, or to the Barnburner, or the ISRA USA Champs this weekend....

I'm at least planning to make it to the HOPAC race #2 at Steve Stauffer's track!

I hope Craig R will join me as well. I feel like we were in on the developement of the new "G-Jet" class of cars, by having participated in the Thursday night "G3 Lite" races at Oasis Speedway last year - so it would be cool to be in on the first series for them and launch also!

The G3 Lite races were a LOT of fun, so I'm really looking forward to the new "G-Jet" car racing!
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Smile

Hey Glenn,
    It is really good to see that your still on your game --- great job! I was wondering what the setups were for some of those cars? Did you guys use a special arm? Just looking at the results and it looks like the competition was HOT and steady! Great racing!
    Aloha,
    Rick Ortogero

thanks for the kind words Rick. Are you going to be able to come out here for Western States this year? The Gjets have been an IROC race so its a matter of getting a good rhythm on the track and picking the right car. For the Club Stock race I think most of the racers went with the light blue BSRT silicone tires. Front tire heights were probably all over the place. We can't use the advanced timed arm (now discontinued.) I might try a Hot Stock tommorrow. I'll probably use a 23t crown gear but I might test out a 22t and see if I can control it on a Banzai layout. Last month I used a 23t. The new shoes work well and I hope to see the new shoe holders soon. We are running the wide traction magnets with narrow hubs. That is all I can think of off hand. thanks for reading. Glenn
    Last edited by Green Destiny; 02-20-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Congratulations to "MOM"

Congratulations to OWH owner and "MOM" Paul Kassens for his victory (from the B main) in Amateur Gjets. He beat me by a little bit more than the front straight away (My stopping point was near the entrance to the front straightaway and his was a little after the front straightaway.)

Other results
    Club Stock winner Shawn "The Champ" Martin (I took 4th-lost 3rd by a couple inches.)
    Pro Gjets winner Gary Beedle
    Super Stock Andre Perra

Next race 3/18 Springfield Oregon on the original Bucktrax-A 16' Velocity Dome.

Wink OWH Wins in IROC

Yep. Paul can be WAY TOUGH particularly with slower cars.

I sure had a good time at the race though. I hope to do better next time!

Later, The just about tired from all the racing the last two weekends Rockinator
    Last edited by TheRockinator; 02-19-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

How about a link to Hopac's rules.
    What all chassis's are allowed in Hopac,are T1's and Storms legal in SS and up classes

I don't have links to the rules at this time, but T1s and Storms are not legal in any of the classes. (To the best of my knowledge) BSRT G3s, Tycos, T2, Super G+, and some Life Like chassis are legal in Club Stock, Super Stock and Polymer classes. The only chassis allowed in Gjets is the G3. The rules for the Gjet class will probably be out when the final parts are ready.

Thanks

And I thought UFHORA rules were biased!
    Greg Cozad
    "OH! Keep it IN the slot!"

Not meaning to start a war here,i was just curious whether it would be worth our time to make the 20hour drive down to a Hopac race someday.
    Glen took care of that worry for us Storm pilots,lol.
    Rick

Guy's what you need to realize is that HOPAC is not a national organization nor does it claim to be. It is a racing organization that clearly makes it known that BSRT cars are what runs in their racing. It is not a bad thing as you know what to show up to in order to race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast