Thread: New guy from Seattle introduction

New guy from Seattle introduction

Hi there, I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Maple Valley, WA and I am hoping to find other folks in the greater Seattle area to get together and run slots with.

I am married with a 15 year old step son and a 2 1/2 year boy, graduated from the UW (the Huskies broke my heart again last night with UConn, when is it our turn?).

I haven't raced any slot cars in years, but collect the old AFX stuff so I have always held onto that connection.

I'd love to get together with any of you guys out there that are local, I sent an email to Scale Auto who said they would put me on their list, but wanted to check in here as well. If you guys have suggestions on what types of cars/bodies/controllers to pick up as well as info on what is happening locally, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks, hope to hear from you!

Marty

Greetings my name is Glenn and I live in the Tacoma area. I also race with the Scale Auto group (HOPAC.) For a car to start with I would recommend the #902 G3 rolling chassis. It is a starting point for our club stock class. We also run a car called the Gjet, which is like club stock but with some different parts. Hopefully you'll be able to make one of our races. Our next race will be in Bellevue, sometime in April, but hopefully we'll have a session before then. There are also other racers in this area who enjoy racing Tjets & hopefully they'll read this and post soon. I use a modified DR-40 controller but the ProController http://www.oldweirdherald.com/photos/gallery/2006_HOPAC is making its prescence known. Unfortunately I don't own a track and I don't know of any public HO tracks at this time. If you have any questions or comments, please post. Thanks, for reading. Glenn

Another option

There is also a small group of us forming a once a month t-jet group if you don't mind slower cars. So far we have 4 tracks in varrious states of repair in the area. Mine for example still only has two lanes running. Our goal is to get better for the 2007 "Fray" as we are the members of the Pacific Northwest "Fray" team.

For your interest the "Fray" is the countries largest t-jet race held annually in Ferndale CA.

However you don't have to join the team to race or practice with us.

Anyway, my name is Dave and I live in Renton. I have also been racing with the Hopac guys and I can tell you that Glenn and all the rest are great guys to run with. Plus they actually HAVE a schedule!

You can eMail me at:

therockinator@comcast.net

Welcome back to the Hobby!!

Later, The still in there recruiting for the 2007 Fray Rockinator.
    (Captain of the Pacific Northwest Fray Team)
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

Hi Marty,

Mike here and I'm in the Yelm area. I'm also new to this board and I race with Glenn at the HOPAC events. They're a great bunch of guys and very willing to help you out.

Dean Tweeddale is having a practice at his home near Bellevue on April 7th which starts around 6:30. It's open to anyone interested in racing the G3's and G-Jets if you don't have the cars loaners and controllers are available for you to use.

I like racing the older stuff (T-Jets, Fray, Mag and Non-Mag cars), but the G-jet, I have to admit, is a real blast! I think Scale Auto has a real winner here.

I got back into HO racing back in October after a 40 year absence.

Best to ya, maybe we will see you at Deans.

Mike

Yelm, Wa

Glenn, Dave, and Mike, thanks for the replies! At this point it looks like picking up a 902 G3 is a good start, as well as a G-Jet ( I still haven't figured out what this all entails, I assume a T-Jet with some hop up parts, which ones?).

I'd love to go the even on April 7th, maybe someone could email me the particulars if it's ok for me to join at Dean's (martybauer31@comcast.net). I love racing the old stuff as well, it's all good to me. I'm just looking to do some racing and have some fun.

Maybe you guys could recommend the best place to pick up a G3 and a G-jet, as well as some bodies that will fit, along with a decent controller, and anything else I may have forgotten to ask about.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to hearing from more Seattle folks!