Thread: t-jet ?

t-jet ?

i have a tuckaway track and was wanting to know if t jets would be a good car to run on it, it had just the stock power to the track right now. is there a difference in the cars, what brand/car would be best

t-jets are great on ANY track.....

....except ones with high banks. the stock t-jets tend to fall off the banked turn. However a tuckaway with stock power is almost built for t-jet racing. You wouldn't want to run a super fast magnet car as it would never have a chance to reach full speed. In fact some of your higher end cars like perhaps a Scorpion or a modified g-3 might be able to be floored all the way around. But a t-jet, good chance to test driving skills, even highly modified you would still have to drive it.

As for brands of cars. Model Motoring makes some nice new t-jets. Dash Motors has taken over the JL line of cars, at least I think that's what i've heard and those should be nice. Ebay is an excellent source for t-jets vintage and new.

If you want to go faster you CAN run the new G3 cars from BSRT but they would be a strain on your basic wall wort power source. I used to run Tomy Super G+'s with a single wall wort for ALL 4 lanes and if one car came off the power surge usually knocked all the cars off. You can fix this problem just by wiring a wall wort to EACH lane giving each lane it's own independant power supply.

Later! The magnet car challanged t-jet addicted Rockinator
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

cars

A power pack per lane is a good solution until you want to spring for a proper power supply.
    T-Jets, Vintage Magna traction, G+ , Tyco 440 x2's, Johnny Lightning and Super G+ cars should all run quite happily on your track with wall plugs for power. As long as everyone runs the same chassis at the same time you should have some fun, even racing.
    As Rockinator said G3's, Patriots and other higher end cars won't perform to their full potential with wall packs for power.

yes t-jets are a great way to go!
    if you do want faster, the the G3 SS and the Thundercat SS cars are the best way of going! They seem to be about equal and win all of the races in NY

We ain't NY,but Storms win everything here.
    Probably has more to do with the guy building and racing the car,then the manufacture'r of the car.
    Buy what you like and learn how to build and race it.
    The Storm is definitely easier for a newbee to work on then the other 2.

stick to tjets. less nut jobs racing those.

Talking Less Nut Jobs racin' t-jets?

Maybe, but far more loose nuts. But it's the nature of the beast. What works on one car may not work on the next. However, the new "boil n block" chassis alignment tool inproves the consistancy of a build. Still, I've seen otherwise "normal" guys start to lose hair over a t-jet that runs great one day and dogs it the next.

Later! The, already "hair challanged" but it has as much to do with Golf as t-jets, Rockinator
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

Hornet, funny
    you guys only run storms!

Here in NY Storms, t1's & G3's are run with some custom storms that are sent up from bedford to some of the racers

Mike .
    You know what i think of the cars that come out of Bedrock,that's where the problem lies